Where / How do you get OpenAPI

System
System Administrator
Can anybody explain where / how you get OpenAPI? I see it's no longer detailed as an individual products in Products page, Support pages, downloads, etc, so I'm assuming it's bundled with other products? assuming with TeamSite, but which others? Can somebody confirm / clarify / expand this? thanks

Comments

• Being new to TeamSite, the OpenAPI product really has my interest. I want to extend the functionality of TeamSite in many different ways.

OpenAPI is already installed if you have TS5+. You just need to D\L the client to program w/ the API. Find it here.

The admin doc is also available from the download link on the support site. That is about all the information I can tell you. The admin doc is extensive enough to get you started, but it doesn't fully expose the different classes (properties, methods, etc) that are available. Not like a true API document (unless I haven't found it yet).

I'm really looking forward to start programming with it. It's too bad that I'm not a Java programmer. Maybe it will work in J#? Or hopefully they'll finish the COM API. We'll see.

Keep the postings going!!! We need more discussion on the developer site!

gf
  • Just throwing out random thoughts about OpenAPI... I feel it's really lacking and is a borderline waste of time to use in order to interact with TS. What really turns me off about it is the way you have to pass the context (service or file) around with every call you make. I understand it's in a stateless environment but there are certainly better ways to do things. Also, the method names could be named a little better and the searching techniques need to be better defined/implemented.

You can get what you want to out of it, but I guess they could have done a better job.

Steve
  • which version of OpenAPI ships with which version of TeamSite? 1.0 with 5.0? 1.5.1 with 5.5.1? either with either?

thanks
  • OpenAPI 1.0 ships with TeamSite 5.0.1
    OpenAPI 1.5.1 ships with TeamSite 5.5.1
  • You should be able to download the latest version of OpenAPI from the support site at the following URL:
    https://support.interwoven.com/sdk/WelcomeOpenAPISDK.htm

I double checked and it seems that the link is broken. I will follow up with support to make sure the page is up so that you can access the OpenAPI Client SDK which includes documentation to help you get started with developing apps.
  • It looks like the support site has been reorganized. You can find the latest versions of OpenAPI in the Support Site Download area under 5.5.1 FCS. A copy of the Developer Guide and the full javadoc is included in the download area. Enjoy!
  • FYI - OpenAPI 1.5.2 was released yesterday. The NT/2000 version is available for download from the Support page of the Interwoven Web site. The Solaris version will be available within 24 hours.

To access the Support page, go to: https://support.interwoven.com/home.asp

Select Download Interwoven Products

OpenAPI is listed under the Content Management category.
  • OpenAPI has been moved to the Development Tools download page.
  • Can somebody help me how to start with OpenAPI using a simple example. Bit confused about it. I went thru documentation & is not clear from the details mentioned.

Is JDK1.3 required to be installed on TeamSite server?
  • If you have a version of TS5.x+ then you have the full SDK installed already (as part of TS... look in iw-home/iwopenapi). As for the JDK there is a copy of the sun JDK 1.3 in iw-home/tools on a TS5.x+ server.

If you are installing the SDK on a standalone system you may need to install your own copy of the sun JDK.

as for the openapi SDK it can be found here:

https://support.interwoven.com/esd2/UI_ESDSelProduct.asp?PCatID=65&CatName=Developer%20Tools
  • ! Thanks nack

! shame, I didnt even given a try to think about.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs