How can I modify one class inside livesite.jar present in WEB-INF folder of iw-cc.war?

I want to modify one class inside livesite.jar.
I don't know where I should put the .java file and compile so that it will override the class present inside livesite.jar.

I tried creating java file with the same name as class file and put is under livesite_customer_src\src\com\interwoven\livesite\business\BusinessSiteMap.java but it is giving me compilation errors.

Having very less knowledge in java I could think of above solution only. Let me know if you have any other solutions.
My Teamsite version is 16.2 and it is installed on windows server.

TIA,
Niraj Kumar

Best Answer

• Try loading it into an IDE. It was not easy and there are a bunch of dependencies you will need to find. It can be done, but you really need to know exactly what you are doing.

Answers

• The livesite jar is a vendor supplied jar and is not customizable.

However if you really want to, I suggest you find a strong Java guy to help, but you can extract the class files, use a Java decompiler to decompile the specific java class you want to change, build it in an IDE. Once you can cleanly compile it you can build the jar.

This is all completely unsupported. However I have done that before, its not pretty.

• Thanks Andy for reply.

I have managed to extract and decompile the class file(only one class) using JAD. I made the changes as well but I have no clue how to compile it back and put it inside the jar file again.

• Try loading it into an IDE. It was not easy and there are a bunch of dependencies you will need to find. It can be done, but you really need to know exactly what you are doing.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs