No results when I tried to perform a search query on restapi documentum

http://********************/rest/repositories/********/search?q=keyword&inline=True
I still didnt get any entry even though there is a cabinet with that keyword. Can you help me why this is happening

Comments

• how to perform a search query for a pdf. I know the name of the folder where this pdf is located under a cabinet which i dont know. How to retrieve the pdf using rest api.

• youy could try with the dql service:

/?dql=select * from dm_document where folder('');

• i tried /?dql=select * from dm_document where folder ("foldername ")
    DM_QUERY_E_SYNTAX) [DM_QUERY_E_SYNTAX]error: "A Parser Error (syntax error) has occurred in the vicinity of: select * from dm_document where folder(""

• How are you escaping single quote typically used in folder()? Are you using two single quotes or double quote? Have you tried url encoding the single quote?

• Alvaro_de_Andres
    edited October 4, 2018 #6

@mbobbili said:
    i tried /?dql=select * from dm_document where folder ("**foldername **")
    DM_QUERY_E_SYNTAX) [DM_QUERY_E_SYNTAX]error: "A Parser Error (syntax error) has occurred in the vicinity of: select * from dm_document where folder(""

that should be the full path starting with "/", not a folder name, i.e: folder('/Home Cabinet/folder1')

• I think don't think the issue is the path vs folder name, but how does REST service reads single quote.

• How to perform a search for a folder in all cabinets using dql . What is the difference between dm_folder and dm_documentum

• There is no dm_documentum. There is dm_document. dm_document is document (contains content). dm_folder is just container

• so if we want to search for a folder in all the cabinets can i do that using dql? How cabinets are represented in dql

• How many tables are present in documentum? is there any pdf contains all these details of tables

• Single quotes, not double:> @mbobbili said:

How to perform a search for a folder in all cabinets using dql . What is the difference between dm_folder and dm_documentum

You would do the same as suggested above, just that you would replace dm_document with dm_folder:

For each cabinet:

select * from dm_folder
    where folder ('/cabinetName')

• @mbobbili said:
    so if we want to search for a folder in all the cabinets can i do that using dql? How cabinets are represented in dql

select * from dm_folder where object_name = 'folder_name'

• bbi
    bbi
    edited October 5, 2018 #14

My suggestion is much broader and assuming querent does not know exact name of folder.

But if folder name is known Alvaro's suggestion is better.