Applying D2 LifeCycle Method to multiple selections in Doclist

Hello!

Is it possible to initiate lifecycle for multiple selected documents in the doclist widget ?

In my lifecycle implementation, I've created a custom job and it has to be initiated for all the documents selected but at this moment, its getting applied only to the document which is selected first.

I've even created a Lifecycle Batch, but as I understand its something thats accomplished by running D2JobLifecycleBatch, but its not helping even after the job has ran.

My doubt is just like how the direct state is promoted and method is applied for the first document, why doesn't it apply for the other documents selected ?

Here's how my Lifecycle looks in D2-Config:

And under Menu, I show the State using the JavaClass:

This should be applied for all the documents selected.

Am I missing something ?

Comments

• The method is probably only expecting single object ID to be passed in. Lifecycle Batch was probably designed to handle a list of object IDs. The lifecyclebatch job is probably designed to look for batches of object Ids. Did you look at the job report for D2JobLifecycleBatch to see if there are any errors.

• I don't see any error messages for the D2JobLifeCycleBatch and neither in D2-JMS.log

• And yes, the method is expecting only one single object ID, because I was expecting it to be initiated for selected documents individually.

• imranganath
    edited December 12, 2018 #5

I now came to know that D2 16.4 would be able to apply LifeCycle state to multiple documents selected in Doclist. So doesn't work in any of the other D2 versions.

Reference: D2 16.4 Release Notes.

• Always helpful to post what version of product you are on; otherwise, people assume you are on the current version.