D2 Login page - div id username and password persistent ?

Hello,
i use D2 (version 4.2) in my entreprise and i would like to use a service of my IT department to automate the login process.
This service allows to fill automatically the fields "Username" and "Password" of my D2 web application login page.
For that, i have to give them the name of the div id of my two html input fields username and password of my login page.
Today, the div id of this fileds are "x-auto-46-input" and "x-auto-49-input".
And my problem is that some people tell me that the names of this fields are dynamic and could change if the D2 server is restarted for example. And if it is true, the login process won't work at the next reboot of the D2 server since the fields name will have changed...

So i would like to know if the div id of the username and password fields in the web login page of a D2 application are persistent or dynamic.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards
Fabien

Comments

• If the need is to automate login process, you can use something like this?

http://<>/d2/?docbase=<>&login=<>&password=<&gt;

• Thanks for your answer. I didn't know this method to login !
    The only problem is that the password is in clear in the url. Is there a way to put for example the hash of the password instead of the password itself ?

Regards
    Fabien

• I at least am not aware of such possibility.

But if you're passing this through some automation, I'm sure you can pass arguments with passwords morphed.

• Instead of passing username and password, have you submitted ticket to ask if single sign on is supported for your version of D2 and your authentication mechanism (e.g LDAP, ActiveDir, etc)?

• SSO is indeed a solution that we study. We use a LDAP to connect to D2.

• You may need to upgrade your D2 version. Ask support and they can tell you exactly