Getting table values row by row instead of single row in .dashboard file using Actuate birt

Hello,

I have created a dashboard. In that i am able to create charts properly, but when coming to table creation, two columns values are displaying in Row By Row instead of displaying them in single row. Please view the snapshot attached below for your review. Could anyone please tell why I am getting table in such a way and how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Sai

Thanks & Regards,
Sai

Comments

  • edited February 28

    I don't see an attachment. Could you try posting it again? This is just a guess since I can't see the screenshot, but the columns would appear on different rows if there is a group defined on one of the columns.

    Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Actually it has to show side by side but it was showing in step by step side. Please view the snapshot

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sai
  • It's possible that you created the table in the dashboard and the "Summarize" checkbox was checked when you added the data for the table. Make sure it is not checked.

    Alternatively, you can create a table in the Analytics Designer and format the layout however you want. Then upload the report to the server and insert the report or reportlet on the dashboard.

    Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • edited March 5

    Wow! Its working! Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. After unchecking the summarize the columns are getting displayed in single row.
    I have also tried to insert the report or reportlet on the dashboard but i am getting "Render Report failed" error. Please view the snapshot.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sai
  • edited March 5

    Hi Sai,

    It looks like the reportlet got added to the dashboard correctly. The error message is generic, but it indicates that there is an error running the reportlet. To debug this issue, first make sure the report containing the reportlet element runs in the Analytics Designer. Check the Eclipse log if an error was thrown to see why it is failing. If it runs in the designer, then upload the report to the server and see if it runs outside of the dashboard. When a report runs in the designer but not on the server, most likely there is an issue accessing the data. The second most common reason is that a library or other resource used by the report is not in the correct path on the server. The server logs will give more details. Also, if you schedule the report to run immediately as a job and go to the "Notifications" window, the failed job will appear in the list. Sometimes the failed job window will show enough detail about the error to debug the issue so you don't have to track it down in the server logs.

    Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Hello Jeff,

    I have ran the report it worked fine in Analytics Designer and in Server as well. But i am unable to find the server logs still. But I didnt have access to schedule the report in server. Could you please provide any other idea to check the details about the issue.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sai
  • And can you also please suggest how to change the name of the Crosstab row values using conditions. Please view the snapshot below.
    In that, it displays alphabets, where i want to change them to names.
    _Eg: _

    • if a, then I want to display it as "Apple"
    • if d, then i want to display it as "Thomas".. something like that. It is possible in the designer but, i am unable to find any such option for crosstab in .dashboard file.

    Is there any possibility to change them.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sai
  • @Sai Krishna said:
    And can you also please suggest how to change the name of the Crosstab row values using conditions. Please view the snapshot below.
    In that, it displays alphabets, where i want to change them to names.
    _Eg: _

    • if a, then I want to display it as "Apple"
    • if d, then i want to display it as "Thomas".. something like that. It is possible in the designer but, i am unable to find any such option for crosstab in .dashboard file.

    Is there any possibility to change them.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sai
  • It is unusual that a report runs without error on the server, but the same report or reportlet throws an error when placed on a dashboard. Does this issue occur for all reports placed on dashboards or just this one? Finding the logs is key in debugging this issue. Can you search the server for all files beginning with "jsrvr"? You should seem some files starting with that string and ending with ".log". One or more of those files will include the error message.

    Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
  • Regarding your question about changing the crosstab row values, the values are retrieved from the database. You need to modify the data before it is displayed. There are several options. Probably the easiest is to create a computed column in the data set and select it for the cross tab row values. You could write an expression for the computed column like:

    switch(row["original_column_name"]) {
    case "a":
    "Apple";
    break;
    case "d":
    "Thomas";
    break;
    default:
    "";
    }

    Note: This code is untested and is meant only as an example.

    Jeff F.
    Customer Support Engineer I
    OpenText
Sign In or Register to comment.