Welcome and thank you for joining our new OpenText forum. Your questions, responses, best practices, and tips shared with other members will help make this channel vibrant. We're glad you're joining us and look forward to collaborating with you online.

Check out the Getting Started With OpenText Forums for tips on personalizing your experience.

preference repository issue

Experts, i am getting below error while starting webtop
com.documentum.web.env.PreferenceRepository$DisabledException: preference repository credential is not configured in app.xml

Even i am using only one repository that is global repo as well, so i dont think we need to provide credentials in app.xml, can anyone give idea about this error and how to resolve ?

Comments

• Even if there is only one docbase, the passwords for preset and preferences users i.e., dmc_wdk_presets_owner and dmc_wdk_preferences_owner should be encrypted and updated in the wdk/app.xml file to avoid the errors completely.

Hari Gadhamsetty
    Architect, Consulting Services
    OpenText

• Yes i agreed, but password encrypt tool is also not working in web-inf/classes
    script for encryption is :
    java -cp .;../lib/dfc.jar;../lib/commons-io-1.2.jar;../lib/certjFIPS.jar;../lib/jsafeFIPS.jar TrustedAuthenticatorTool webtop

• Hi,

you can refer to Webtop Deployment Guide page 36 (Enabling presets and preferences repositories) for step by step.