Dctm calls to atmos and file storage area configuration

Hi,

We could configure File storage area through Documentum Administrator or while installing content server and creating instance.
Could anyone please let me know how n where to configure file repository system ?
We have atmos as file storage area or file repository system wanted to know how Documentum calls and points to atmos how it's configured ? Which storage area is pointing to it among file store linked store blob store storage areas etc.
Configuring rdbms then file system to store content like Docs files images etc

Could anyone , Dctm_Guru, guide me to configure our file repository system for storage which is atmos which in-turn replaced emc centerra ? Like how do we do configuration for file storage area types like file store linked and blob store and how to know which storage area points to atmos and how documentum content server points to atmos storage? We do configure file repository system while installing content server instance and configuring docbase and after rdbms part.
Would appreciate your response.

Thanks & Warm Regards,
SM.

Comments

• Hi SM,

The ATMOS filestore is different from the normal filestore. The ATMOS filestore can be found by running DQL as below,

DQL> select * from dm_atmos_store

The ATMOS filestore can be created from Documentum Administrator. More details can be found in DA guide. Here is the direct link for DA user guide,
    https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/fetch/2001/3551166/27085930/69125280/66201762/69363926/OpenText_Documentum_Administrator_7.3_User_Guide.pdf?nodeid=69351516&vernum=-2

Hope this helps:)
    Hari.

Hari Gadhamsetty
    Architect, Consulting Services
    OpenText

• SmelanathurSmelanathur Technical Architect

Thanks Hari_Gadhamsetty, for your valuable response. Appreciate it!

I have queried wrt the same DWL query as mentioned above, couldn't retrieve any values?
    Is there a way to find out which file store ATMOS is pointing to and how our Dctm system is trying to call ATMOS storage.
    We have S3 protocol/CAS protocol to communicate to ATMOS storage and it's based on WORM & SAN type.

Thanks & Regards,
    SM.

• If the ATMOS is configured in S3/CAS modes, then Content Server uses the ATMOS plugin to communicate with ATMOS store.

If ATMOS is configured as normal filestore like SAN or NAS mode, then Content Server will use the OS functions to communicate with filestore.

Hope this helps:)
    Hari.

Hari Gadhamsetty
    Architect, Consulting Services
    OpenText

Thank you please let me know how to trace the atmos store already configured in our system, I couldn't find it through DQL query dm_atmos_store?

Could anyone guide me in producing a CLIP List for all the objects lying on the file repository system using atmos store?