16.6 fresh install issues - help needed

Has anyone else tried a fresh install of 16.6? we have been struggling with it for 2 weeks (Windows server 2016 and Oracle DB)

we almost have everything working, but the report service will NOT stay started, and we are seeing tons of "Numeric Overflow" errors in the logs

i.e. commonservices.log

2019-06-10 14:11:05,252 [default task-1] ERROR org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.env.internal.JdbcEnvironmentImpl () - Could not fetch the SequenceInformation from the database
java.sql.SQLException: Numeric Overflow
at deployment.iw-registry.war//oracle.jdbc.driver.NumberCommonAccessor.throwOverflow(NumberCommonAccessor.java:4136)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//oracle.jdbc.driver.NumberCommonAccessor.getLong(NumberCommonAccessor.java:634)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//oracle.jdbc.driver.GeneratedStatement.getLong(GeneratedStatement.java:206)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//oracle.jdbc.driver.GeneratedScrollableResultSet.getLong(GeneratedScrollableResultSet.java:259)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//oracle.jdbc.driver.GeneratedResultSet.getLong(GeneratedResultSet.java:558)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.resultSetMinValue(SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.java:134)
at deployment.iw-registry.war//org.hibernate.tool.schema.extract.internal.SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.extractMetadata(SequenceInformationExtractorLegacyImpl.java:60)

Comments

• 2019-06-10 14:11:05,346 [default task-1] WARN org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper () - SQL Error: 17026, SQLState: 99999
    2019-06-10 14:11:05,346 [default task-1] ERROR org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper () - Numeric Overflow

• nipper
    edited June 11, 2019 #3

What rev of Oracle ? What JDBC driver are you using ? You say new install, I assume that means the DB was empty (not installing over existing DB).

I hope you opened a case with support. It looks like the RC code and the DB are missing on the size of some data fields.

While I have installed 16.6 in a Linux env, it is a POC and I haven't touch RC yet.

• Also, there is a section in the Install manual (section 7.3 page 57) with some specifics about RC/Oracle. Did you check that ?

• Andy, thanks so much for getting back to me - we are really struggling with this. Yes, this was a fresh install with completely new servers and DB schemas (and the DB user has full perms to create tables, etc) We have had a support case open for about 2 weeks. They had us pick CUSTOM and install everything except Content Indexer (aka Search?). we also have OD event reporting and targeting enabled (not sure why as we don't use them)

ORACLE SERVER
    Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
    PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
    "CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production"

ORACLE CLIENT (Installed on TS server) - 64 bit 12.1.0 - does this even matter/is this used? this install does provide jars, but only
    "D:\Oracle\product\64BIT\12.1.0\client_1\jdbc\lib\ojdbc7.jar"
    "D:\Oracle\product\64BIT\12.1.0\client_1\jdbc\lib\ojdbc6.jar"

checking oracles site, this DB version looks like it only supports the 6&7 versions of the jar?
    https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/default-2280470.html

HOWEVER, OpenText is insisting (and their documentation also states, see attached) that we have to use the ojdbc8.jar (which they cant/wont provide)

So i tried to pull this down from ojdbc8.jar oracle, updated all the jars, the pointers to it in module.xml, and also the registry keys. still no dice, same Numeric overflow errors.

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/jdbc-ucp-122-3110062.html

I will check out that section in the docs you mentioned now - any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

• Andy, which install manual are you talking about? they are changing the 16.6 docs and packages while i do this install which is a bit worrisome?

OpenText TeamSite 16.6 - Planning and Installation Guide English (WCTS160600-IGD-EN-1).pdf is what we are using

As also found this article on Oracle's site that looks related?
    https://support.oracle.com/knowledge/Middleware/2363567_1.html

https://edwin.baculsoft.com/2018/01/error-java-sql-sqlexception-numeric-overflow-when-connect-to-oracle-using-hibernate/

• Yes that is the manual I am talking about. Pages 57+ talk a lot about the DB, though I am not certain there is actually an action item in that section. Very strange.

We use Oracle RAC on 16.4.1 with the jdbc7.jar (on Linux)

oracle/12.1.0.2/client/jdbc/lib/ojdbc7.jar

Those two links you provided look promising, the 2nd post seems spot on, but I do not know if you can work around it.

You Win2016 server is full 64bit ?

• Yes sir, Windows server 2016 standard, 64 bit. I agree those links look promising, but those are errors in OpenText's code/java/hibernate calls?

i have a few questions

1) do we really need to enable OpenDeploy event reporting?
    2) do we really need to enable Targeting?

Every time a user does something in TS 16.6, SOMETHING tries to write to that report DB (which fails) which then causes the system to slow down considerably and eventually run out of memory. i think that is The TeamSite Reporting Server? which is a required part of the install?

thanks again so much!

• IMHO, no to each. I never enable event reporting and really haven't done much with targeting. OD events will increase the work that RC does

So this is basic report center, not the add on ? Do you use RC ? I typically have that (advanced RC) on a separate server, it is a hog.

The event subsystem runs as part of the JBOSS app, bundles all the events, feeds then in through ActiveMQ for use by Search and Reports. It has always been a fairly fragile system.

• How many databases did you create for use with TS? It is recommended that you have 3 distinct databases: TeamSite, LiveSite (even if you don't use it you need a DB for it as the installer creates tables for it), and Report Center. The RC database should be separate from the others. Maybe you already know this - this is what we've done for every release (currently up to 16.4.1.1) and it works just fine. I am also still referencing the ojdbc6.jar and that works fine as well. I am not sure what, if anything, has changed in 16.6, but it's hard to believe they'd change a lot of the database setup.

The report center database, I believe, captures every event you do in TS in order to report on it if you decide to use RC to report on anything. It shouldn't be bogging down your system. Perhaps your DBAs didn't set up the databases with enough space/memory to support what is needed.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs