Login web services with wrong password return misleading message

After upgrade MBPM 9.2.1 if i do a  Login on web services ( ECL.WS )   with wrong password, it will return message  "No Engines are available in the Metastorm BPM Server service".

In the my previous version ( 9.1.0.2 ) the message was correct :

"Invalid user name or password."

This maybe could be a knowd product defect ??

Tagged:

Comments

• Agreed, I noticed this recently as well though with the web client, so its not just ECL.WS.

A bit deceiving with the current message.

• Interesting. In 9.2.0 the web client would just refresh the page. I will be reporting this behavior to development.

• Actually, I found the issue. The eUser.js is out of date.

Remove the eUser.js from the list of authentication scripts in the Admin Tools and upload the latest version from ~\BPM\Engine\Authentication\

• I update a new eUser as you suggested and the issue disappeared...

But in ELOG table, foreach login (succesfully) there is a row .

I attach the  new eUser.js. Could you tell my what is it wrong ?

Extract of elog table:

ELOGID    ETIME    ESTATUSCODE    EUSERNAME        ECOMPONENTTYPE     EDESCRIPTION    EDETECTEDBYCLASS    EDETECTEDBYMETHOD
    10.665.463    03/26/2013 12:37:45        0249      Authentication        User authentication failed    SAP[eUser, 1]    Login Success

• I try to do this:

I compared with winMerge two different version of eUser.js

I modified originally eUser.js ( which return "No Engines are available in the Metastorm BPM Server service")  adding only

lines corresponding invalidUsernamePasswordError.

Now, I received a correct error message when i try to log on with wrong password.

When I log on successfully, in elog table there aren't errore message (as normal).

I attach my new eUser.js .

Can you validate my file or can you share your correct eUser.js ??

Many thanks,

Michael