Change Case sensitive on Webtop 6.7 on Documentum 7.1

Hallo.
I see that on Documentum 7.1, if I use Webtop 6.7, the advanced search is case sensitive.

How could I change case sensitive to off?

I read on the "EMC Documentum Webtop User guide":
Case-sensitivity
If the repository is indexed, queries are case-insensitive by default, even using quotation marks.
If the repository is not indexed, then queries are case-sensitive. However, for non-indexed
repositories, case-sensitivity can be turned on, and off by the system administrator.

But...how could I switched off case-sensitive?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mario

Comments

• Do you have xplore (full text search) enabled on your server? If so, then the repository should be indexed by default and your search should be case-insensitive using FTDQL, unless you have customized your search to only use DQL, which case sensitive.

• zmario
    edited July 17, 2019 #3

Hallo, thanks a lot for your answer.
    No, I have note xplore.

So I suppose that it doesn't use FTDQL.
    So, how could I use case-insensitive?

I read this: https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/150302/does-da-webtop-search-only-supports-case-sensitive-without-ft-serverch
    Could it be useful?
    If yes, where could I find the advsearchex.xml file mentioned?

In my server I have:
    C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\documentale\custom\config\search\
    advsearchex_component.xml
    view_ddt_invoice_component.xml
    CUSTOM_advsearch_component.xml
    custom_modifica_result.xml

Perhaps, have I to modify advsearchex_component.xml adding the value to false ?

Thanks a lot
    Mario

• Yes, you need to customize your webtop app as you suggested.

• I tried to add:
    false

but it has no effect.
    Note that I haven't index service on my system

What could I do?
    Thanks a lot
    Mario

• Did you restart your app server and clear its cache (e.g. tomcat/working)? If you want to do this in real-time, I think the url is:

http://server/webtop/refresh.jsp

• Yes, I restarted app server, and cleared the cache but the search is always case sensitive.
    What could I check?

This is an extract of my advsearchex_component.xml

<!-- the browser tree component definition -->
      <!-- component id="advsearch" extends="advsearch:webcomponent/config/library/search/searchex/advsearch_component.xml" -->
      <component id="advsearch" extends="advsearch:webtop/config/advsearchex_component.xml">        
         <!-- Component Layout -->
         <pages>
            <start>/custom/library/advancedsearch/advsearchex.jsp</start>
         </pages>

<defaultmatchcase>false</defaultmatchcase>      

<!-- All the types to display in advanced search -->

<includetypes descend="false">ddt_entrata_merce,ddt_uscita_merce,ddt_reso_cliente,fattura_acquisto,fattura_vendita,manifesto_carico,ordine_vendita,ordine_acquisto,contratti_dci,contratti_dos,contratti</includetypes>
        <usedocumentpresetfilter>false</usedocumentpresetfilter>

</component>

• Is your advsearchex_component.xml file located under custom/config? Need you to confirm that webtop is calling your custom config xml. If it is, then it sounds like defaultmatchcase is no longer being adhere to.

• Yes, it is located here:
    C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\documentale\custom\config\search
    and the file is used because if I remove some includetypes, the modification is reflected on webtop.
    So, what could I do to disable case-sensitive?

Thanks a lot

• Like I said, it sounds like that function is no longer working, so you will need to submit a ticket with OpenText support.

• How could I check my exact Webtop version?

• It should be under Help->About menu item

• On my menu I haven't Help->About but only File->Help and it opens the manual about documentum

• Sounds like your webtop was customized. I think there is properties file or readme in the webtop root dir that may have specific webtop version.