New Custom Method in Documentum 16

Options

Hello,
i am new to dctm i want to know that how to create a custom method in dctm 16.

thanks,
saikiran

Comments

• Have you tried reading the content server manual and google for "Documentum Method Sample Code"?

• for this I did the following steps.
    1. Create a java class named Test_Method as in composer, as in below. (NOTE: make sure that you must use IDmMethod interface and this interface is inside the mthdservlet.jar file and you need to add the mthdservlet.jar file in the composer project from the path E:\Documentum6.5\jboss4.2.0\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\deploy\ServerApps.ear\DmMethods.war\WEB-INF\lib\mthdservlet.jar )
    package com.verinon;
    import java.io.OutputStream;
    import java.util.Map;
    import com.documentum.mthdservlet.IDmMethod;
    public class Test_Method implements IDmMethod {

public void execute(Map parameters, OutputStream output) throws Exception {

System.out.println("hi i have run successfully 1.5");

}

}
    2. Make the jar file named as testmethod.jar for the Test_Method class, as shown attached document (Creating_Jar_Composer.doc).
    3. Copy the testmethod.jar into the E:\Documentum6.5\dba\java_methods path and restart the Documentum Java method server.
    4. After restarting Documentum Java method server open the method server log file (Path: E:\Documentum6.5\jboss4.2.0\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\log\server.log) and check that DoMethod CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;E:\Documentum6.5\dba\java_methods\;E:\Documentum6.5\dba\java_methods\testmethod.jar
    5. Now open the DA and create a new custom method, as shown below test_method_DA.PNG image file. (NOTE: If testmethod.jar file contains the class name with package then in method Verb you can give the class name with full package while creating custom method. If If testmeth-od.jar file contains the class name without any package then in method Verb you can only give the class name without any package while creating custom method.)
    6. Now run the custom method in DA and you can see your output in the method server log file (server.log).

• So what's your question?

• 2019-07-18 23:41:31,497 ERROR [358] (default task-120) {}: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.slf4j.impl.Slf4jLoggerFactory cannot be cast to ch.qos.logback.classic.LoggerContext
    at com.emc.common.dctm.logs.C6Logger.activateJMSLog(C6Logger.java:187)
    at com.emc.d2.api.methods.D2Method.execute(D2Method.java:1285)
    at com.documentum.mthdservlet.DfMethodRunner.runIt(Unknown Source)
    at com.documentum.mthdservlet.AMethodRunner.runAndReturnStatus(Unknown Source)
    at com.documentum.mthdservlet.DoMethod.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
    at com.documentum.mthdservlet.DoMethod.doPost(Unknown Source)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
    at io.undertow.servlet.handlers.ServletHandler.handleRequest(ServletHandler.java:86)

getting above error

• The error is pretty self evident - you cast Slf4jLoggerFactory to LoggerContext. Since I don't know how your LoggerContext is defined, cant help you.