Documentum job unable to locate shared location path

Options

Hi All,

I am running the DFC program, which contains the business logic of bulk upload of documents into the repository from the excel file having metadata and content is in shared location. it is working fine. but when i create a Documentum custom job and put the same logic over there, it is not retrieving the content file from shared location, please let me know any account access need to provide to get the content file from shared location. any inputs.

Comments

• Hello,

First could you check the access of that shared path from the server where your content sever installed. I mean that open run box type the shared path try to open it manually. and also make sure that dependency jar must be included in final jar wich is going to place in the ":\Documentum6.5\dba\java_methods". could you please provide the errors in the log's.

• Hi saikiran

I am able to access the shared path with the installation owner account in the content server machine. and respective jar files are placed in the above mentioned path, the problem is job is running but the content file is not able to read from the shared path.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited July 29, 2019 #4
    Options

Can you confirm that you configured the method to run as install owner:

Also, are you referencing the shared path as UNC or actual mapped drive? I would do the latter for simplicity.

• Yes, i configures to run as installation owner, and the shared path mentioned as like R:\one\two\three\sample.doc. in excel file.
    please let me know any information required.

• sorry the path is R:\one\two\three\sample.doc.

• i put R:double slash here double slash is not showing in the comment.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited July 29, 2019 #8
    Options

Java is expecting forward slash (/), not back slash () for path. See this example:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3059383/file-path-windows-format-to-java-format

• Hi DCTM Guru,

i tried all the ways like in the path i put single, double backward and forward slash after shared drive name, but it is showing not able to read. same program i tried in local without job it is working correctly.

• Hi DCTM Guru,

In Documentum destination path i put foward slash(/) only, but in source path where content file is in shared drive not able to read the path of content file. i tried with idfFile.canRead() method, it is showing false. is there any access need to provide system local account.

• Maybe there is security sandbox that job cant access outside Documentum install directory. Have you tried creating a symbolic link from your mapped drive to a dir under java_methods?

• Hi all

Do we have any other choices to work this program.