Documentum Supports SSD/SAS storages ?

Hi All,

I per my understanding documentum supports all types of storage devices but just wanted make sure that my understanding is correct.
Is Documentum supports SSD/SAS storage ?

Also we have plan to migrate content storage from SAN to SSD/SAS storage. Can you please suggest some easy and low risk approach to move the file storage.

appreciate your help.

Comments

• Hi Sreehan,

If the customer is fine with small change window, then copy all the contents from SAN to SSD/SAS storage from filestore level with the same folder structure, then attach/mount the new SSD/SAS drive to content server machine and update the location object to the new mount. This will be the fastest approach and the original filestore on SAN will be useful as backup, if any thing goes wrong.

After updating the location object, all Documentum Services (CS and App Server services) has to be restarted by clearing the BOF cache to reflect the new filestore location.

If customer is not ready for change window, create new filestore pointing to new SSD/SAS storage, then use MIGRATE_CONTENT, Migration Polices or Record Migration method/jobs to migrate content from old SAN filestore to new SSD/SAS filestore. However this might take really long time depending on the size and number of files existing in the SAN storage.

Hope this helps:)
    Hari

Hari Gadhamsetty
    Architect, Consulting Services
    OpenText

• Thanks a lot Hari for sharing the valuable details.