MetaTagger and Workflow

Options
I was curious to know how I can customize a workflow that will trigger if a DCR is saved, but does not yet have meta-data set on the document. Also is there a good facility for de-bugging workflows visually?

Thanks.

Comments

• There is documentation about how to initiate a workflow from the closing of the Edit DCR window in both the Workflow Developer's Guide and TeamSite Templating Developer's Guide -- search for the string "tt_data"

Debugging workflows is largely non-graphical at this point, sorry. Attention is paid to this aspect of workflow design in the TeamSite Worklow Developer course.

(see http://www.interwoven.com/services/training for more information on all the courses available)

--fish
    (Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
  • 1. There is a provision to kick off workflow from DCR but that is only when you *close* the DCR. Not on save. So, you would need to save the dcr and then close it too in order to kick off the workflow. The event that you would use in your available_templates.cfg would be "tt_data". This event triggers upon closing a DCR and would prompt user for workflow.

2. Depending on your custom workflow, you could have a task which would call the mtmetaproxy.cgi for MetaTagger. This way, once you save and close the DCR and opt to run the workflow, it would prompt with the MetaTagger screen. Ofcourse, if you don't need MetaTagger, then you don't need to include it in your custom workflow.

Hope this helps.

Akshat Pramod Sharma
    Interwoven Inc.
  • I should also point out that the OOTB workflows in 5.5.2 iw-home/local/config/wft/solutions/ contain configurable options for having a Set MetaData task.

There's documentation on these within the previously mentioned Workflow Developer's Guide

--fish
    (Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs