Readonly Text Boxes

When a user clicks on 'Set Metadata', some of our text fields are automatically populated with data (ie. Title).
We do not want to allow users to change this information, but we would like them to be able to read it.
Is this possible with the <readonly> tag?
When we have tried it, it does not even display the text box, let alone the content.

Comments

• A <readonly> instance is supposed to render its value as plain text in HTML -- not inside any kind of form widget (such as a read-only text field).

However, I believe that it is only supported in TeamSite Templating datacapture.cfg files, not in the metadata capture file.

Hope this helps.
    -- James
  • Are you folks using the TeamSite metadata capture interface or MetaTagger metadata capture interface?

MetaTagger provides a much richer interface with regard to capturing metadata and might be able to accomodate what you are looking to do (I don't know for sure - not my area of expertise - but I've seen the tool in action and it's nice)

--fish
    (Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
  • We are trying to accomplish the same thing (capturing values from DCR's and have them populated on meta-data datacapture.cfg. How exactly did you go about accomplishing this - if you don't mind sharing some info...

Thanks.
  • If you are using MetaTagger datacapture form, readonly tag is supported. In fact, most of the tags in datacapture DTD is supported by MetaTagger.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs