passing dcr values to Set Metadata form

Options
does anyone have more info on iwpt_dcr_value() and how (if at all possible) it could be used to display dcr.something on a set metadata form?

we're setting metadata on a dcr, and the thinking is that the dcr.title which is already captured on a dcr should automatically popup on the set metadata form

thanks for any help

Comments

• iwpt_dcr_value() is a Perl function call that you can use inside of Presentation Templates. I don't see any way that it can directly influence the Set Metadata form, unless you are using a PT to generate the metadata capture datacapture.cfg -- and that seems like a bad idea to me.

If you want to transfer data from inside the DCR to EA's on the DCR, then I would suggest:

(1) Use workflow. You can write an externaltask program that sucks data out of the DCR (using DCRparser, or any XML parser in the universe), and then calls the iwextattr CLT (or OpenAPI methods, or Content Services calls) to set EA's.

If you do this prior to the metadata capture, and if you name those EA's appropriately, then the metadata capture form should be pre-populated with the values you have given the EA's. Of course, the end user then might change them, which you might not want.

(2) Alternatively, whatever is reading the metadata from the DCR could choose to read the data from the DCR itself. For example, if you are using DataDeploy to deploy DCR metadata to a database, then you could also (or you may already be doing this) deploy the DCR data to the same database. Instead of populating the exact same piece of data (dcr.title) to a database into two different fields, perhaps there is a way to have just one field that your database applications access?

Hope this helps.
    -- James
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs