Documentum Server 16.4 Oracle DB Settings

Hi All,

Iam planning to install Documentum server 16.4 by using Oracle 12C Database. As per Installation guide i could see below requirements to install Oracle DB instance. Iam not sure what values i need set for these environment variables. If any one installed 16.4 with Oracle DB, Kindly suggest me the values that i can provide to below two variables. appreciate your help and support.

• Environment variable DM_CHECK_EMPTY_STRING_IN_ORACLE handles the '' (empty
strings) in queries. If DM_CHECK_EMPTY_STRING_IN_ORACLE is not set (by default) or if
DM_CHECK_EMPTY_STRING_IN_ORACLE = 1 then '' is treated as ' ' so that query results is
same for all databases.
• Environment variable DM_DEGREE_OF_PARALLELISM_ORACLE is introduced to enable
the parallel indexing on Oracle database. The value of the variable must be set to an integer
(for example, 4) which is used as Degree of Parallelism (DOP) while creating indexes in Oracle
database.

Comments

• Don't set them for new installatinos. You can always set them later if you realise that your system is not behaving as you would like it to.

• Hi ,

We have a requirement to upgrade from Oracle to 19C. We have multiple application and different oracle client.

One application Documentum 16.4,window 2016 and Oracle 12, please suggest the steps for this.

Other application either 6.7,7.0 and 7.2 and Oracle 12c.

Thanks