Error accessing D2 Config "CTX ActiveX control failed to load. Please check browser secure settings"

Options

Hello to all,
I'm going crazy with this problem.
I thought I had solved it in the past but ... today it seems that in my small group my PC is the only one with which it is possible to connect to D2 Config.
All my colleagues' PCs have the exact same problem, and they all use the same version of Windows Pro 10 and IE 11 that I use.
I also tried a VM with Windows Server 2012 and IE11, so as not to destroy my PC with tests, but I can't find a solution.
The D2 site is inserted between "trusted", the security settings are the widest possible with respect to ActiveX controls and ActiveX filtering is activated (deactivating does not changes the effect).
D2 is 4.7.0160 build 454 with D2 ActiveX 3.1.0.4.

What could still be missing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Arthy

Comments

• Same problem here, really interested in a solution.

In my case:

• D2 is 16.5.1000 build 0055
    • D2 ActiveX is 16.6.0.1
    • Site is into "Local Intranet"
    • Security settings are the widest possible with respect to ActiveX controls

Other colleagues with same settings connect correctly to the system.

Thanks
    Marco

• Ensure that VC++ 2008 runtime is installed on the machine:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=29

Samir Vaidya
    Enterprise Software Architect
    OpenText

• Hi Samir,
    thanks for your help. Unfortunately, installing VC++ 2008 didn't solve the issue for me. Besides, another colleague that accesses correclty D2-config does not have VC++ 2008 installed.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks
    Marco

• Only thing I need to do any any new system is to add D2-Config URL in "trusted sites" list and ensure that VC++ 2008 runtime is installed.

Samir Vaidya
    Enterprise Software Architect
    OpenText

• @s_vaidya said:
    Only thing I need to do any any new system is to add D2-Config URL in "trusted sites" list and ensure that VC++ 2008 runtime is installed.

Hi Samir,
    thank you very much, this solved the problem both for me and for my colleagues.

• Hi Samir,
    solved! The issue was that the link you posted was for the 32 bit version of VC++, while I needed the 64 bit version. Once installed the 64bit version, everything works as expected.

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards
    Marco

• @s_vaidya said:
    Only thing I need to do any any new system is to add D2-Config URL in "trusted sites" list and ensure that VC++ 2008 runtime is installed.

It worked for me also, thank you!

• You may use /D2-Config/interface.html in your D2-Config's link to access configuration without Active X. When you click somewhere in Config, you receive a popup for C6 ActiveX is not loaded, you can ignore it, the application will work.