Error '3330:The filetype is not specified in the request'

CodeRookie
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello, all!

I have a report that, when run, spits out the error: '3330:The filetype is not specified in the request'. Don't believe I've seen this one before, and it's left me scratching my head... A weird thing is, when I download it to my Designer, it will run forever, and never return any data.... It was working last month the last time I made a change to the design.

Any thoughts / ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Comments

• Hi Scott,

I have one quick suggestion to try that might eliminate the error. Rename the report design file. Be sure to set the extension to ".rptdesign" (lower case). If the simple fix doesn't work, it would be best to open a support ticket.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Jeff,

Thanks for the tip! I'll try that and see what happens.

Scott

• Jeff,

That worked, thank you! What is the logic behind the error, and the fix? Just curious.

Thanks,
    Scott

• Honestly, I'm not sure what caused the error. I have never seen it before. I only found a few old tickets referencing the error. The information wasn't very helpful. I know that editing a report in both the Analytics Designer and in Studio (Information Console) can cause related issues. Maybe that's what happened to this report.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • I thought I was the only one who gets this error. I also found that if I open the file and save it as a different name it sometimes helps fix the issue.