can some one guide me in a best practice scenario?

1) I have an erp system and want to share stuff with all customers in it.
2) The customers (email address) needs to sign stuff for me.
3) Whenever we share a document with a customer, we want our users and the customer to be notified with an email.
4) I want a folder structure on my windows server (that is the same for all customers)
5) I need specific security set for each windows folder so only the right people can access them.
6) I have around 1000 customers

Best Answers

• Michael_ThomsenMichael_Thomsen See you at https://www.mirandapartners.com or contact me at [email protected]
    Accepted Answer

First of all you need to do some programming!

1.1 In your ERP system you need to make sure that customers you will use CORE with has at least ONE valid SMTP Address.
    1.2 In your ERP system you need to have a column that can contain multiple user_id's used to apply windows rights to the folder structure.
    1.2 Then you need to build a Windows Service that can get the data and sync them into a database you need to create.

2.1 your internal users can copy files to the folders they have access to - some folders are "signature" folders and others are just documents for sharing with customers.

3.1 Core DOES not send an email every time you share a document with someone - sorry so you need to build a Windows Service that utilise windows folder monitoring to get events when new documents are placed in your folder structure. If the folder is a signature folder - you send an email that they should sign otherwise they just get a mail that there is something for them.

4 + 5 the folder structure is build by the customer names and then the fixed structure you want and keep them in sync. Note that you need to replace illegal characters in the folder names.
    Whenever the structure is synced you can update the root security and by default it will be inherited to the lower level folders.

We have done this for customers - so if you need help please reach out to me otherwise happy programming!

Before you do ANYTHING try out core for a while and try to establish the processes needed manually first.

• Accepted Answer

thank you - very good answer.
    I can see we could save a lot of money by using your code if it fits our needs.

• Michael_ThomsenMichael_Thomsen See you at https://www.mirandapartners.com or contact me at [email protected]
    Accepted Answer

note that you can use the MS SQL Express as the database or if its in Azure just a DB resource.
    I'll think about creating the public source since there is really no big stuff in it. I think that the code will need some assistance unless your are good at Windows NTFS Security, Folder Monitor in bigger scenarios, RestAPI's.

Accepted Answer
    Look into it tomorrow

Answers