Welcome and thank you for joining our new OpenText forum. Your questions, responses, best practices, and tips shared with other members will help make this channel vibrant. We're glad you're joining us and look forward to collaborating with you online.

Check out the Getting Started With OpenText Forums for tips on personalizing your experience.

Applying certain tags to certain files only

Hi,

env: Metatagger 4.1.3
TeamSite 7.2.1
OpenDeploy Base 7.2.1
Windows 2008 EE

I am wondering if there is a way to apply certain tags from one branch while applying other tags only to another branch?

For example:
/default/main/branch1/WORKAREA/wa1/vendor1/file1.html, file2.html, file3.html
I want to apply only tags
TAG1_1, TAG1_2, TAG1_3, etc....

/default/main/branch2/WORKAREA/wa2/vendor2/file1.html, file2.html, file3.html
I want to apply only tags
TAG2_1, TAG2_2, TAG2_3, etc... without MT applying both TAG1_x and TAG2_x to both branches. Is that possible?

Thanks,

Comments

• Yes.

We have an xml file in each branch that specifies which values to tag assets with. On the save of a DCR or the import of an asset there is a call out that reads the xml file and sets the appropriete EAs based on the file.

• Hi Giff,

Thanks, I can apply certain tags only in certain branch with a workflow. I am sure it can also be done with FormAPI, but I have not done that yet. I was trying to do it with Metatagger, but that doesn't seem as useful as the way Interwoven sales representative makes it. When was the last time Iwov updated that product??
  • Not possible.
    because - Only ONE is allowed in each .cfg file in the 6.0 format

read more at $IW_HOME/local/config/tagui/rulesets60/README_rulesets60.txt

Did I answer/got your Q?