NRS Script CloseOnOK issue

Hi

I have a FileSave.nrs script which has a test when the user clicks Save. It is testing for various values and then prompting the user based on the results.

If the user clicks NO we need to stop the save process, allow the user to change a setting and then click Save again OR be able to Cancel out completely.

Based on SDK and other information it appears that we need to use dlg.CloseOnOK = False and Context.Add "iManExt.DoOK", False to stop the save process which works perfectly however it leaves the 'Save' button disabled and the Cancel button doesn't function.

If I add the code dlg.CloseOnOK = true and Context.Add "iManExt.DoOK", true to the cancel button this closes the dialog box but saves the document as a new document which is not what is required - we just want a cancel.

We are using enhanced dialog boxes and iManage 8.2.

Code sample:

Sub IManFileSaveCmd_PreOnOK(dlg)
' code with tests leading up to this point has been removed.
response = msgbox ("You are about to save into the KD. Is this correct?", vbYesNo)
if response = VbNo then
dlg.CloseOnOK = False
Context.Add "iManExt.DoOK", False
end if
End Sub

Sub IManFileSaveDlg_OnCancel(dlg)
dlg.CloseOnOK = True
Context.Add "iManExt.DoOK", true
End Sub

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks P.

Comments

• I seem to have hit the same issue with the 8.5 and EAI dialogs. I wil probably re-ask the question.
  • Hi

following some additional research I came across a reference to the blCallFromIntegration lines below and with some playing around I found the following worked for me.

Dim blCallFromIntegration

blCallFromIntegration = Context("CallByFileSaveAs")
    'This context item is only present in integration

If True = blCallFromIntegration Then
    Context.Add "FileSave.DoOK", False
    ' used from the File Save option
    else
    Context.Add "iManExt.DoOK", False
    ' use when dragging an external file into FileSite
    end if

dlg.CloseOnOK = False

I hope this helps
  • Thanks for this. I realised (and put in a similar post) that I was working wit a more 'up to date' client and needed to use the filesave.nrs script. Not the old EditProf.nrs for my non-Matter Centric client I normaly do work for.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs