Mass Export out of WorkSite

We have recently decided to de-commission WorkSite from out company and the question has come up on how to export the documents out of Worksite. Is there a product or tool that allows for mass export of documents on an administrative level? I've seen products that can be done on a user level, but I am looking for a more enterprise functionality.

Comments

• We have used GDSI.com for WorkSite import/export tools.

The export was used less, and was on a workspace by workspace basis. You might get them to do one based off 'My Workspaces'.

We were only exporting selected folders for specific purposes (e.g. burn to CD).

RobCom
  • We also have an Export tool, and you can feed it a batch file of all workspaces you wish to export. It will save all metadata information for you as well in an xml file per workspace and/or per document. Contact me if you are interested.
  • DocAuto's WorkSite Exporter allows content to be exported with any file naming convention, preserves structures, and can capture all information about:
    • Document Metadata
    • Document Security
    • Document History
    • Structures (WorkSpaces, Tabs, Folders, Searches)
    • All Structural Metadata
    • All Structural Security
    It also supports automatic differential Exporting/Updating, Filtering, Test runs, etc.

http://www.docauto.com/product/worksite-exporter
  • Hi Arwin,

I am working at a bigger company in Germany and we want to shutdown Work-/Filesite.

For this I was searching the internet to find available software to export data.

Fortunately, this thread appeared in the search results and therefore I would really appreciate if you would be so kind to tell me something about the software you were writing about.

I have DocAuto's WorkSite Exporter in mind as well, but I would appreciate to evaluate your mentioned software, too.

I am looking forward to your reply and with best regards,

Paul

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs