way to undelete files

Options
Env:
TS 6.7.1
Unix

Hi,

1. Is there any way to undelete the files and folders from a workarea?
2. If yes, can it also undelete the files and folders which had not been submitted to STAGING yet?

Thanks.

Comments

• 1. Is there any way to undelete the files and folders from a workarea?
    2. If yes, can it also undelete the files and folders which had not been submitted to STAGING yet?

1. Yes. Look at the versions of the file and revert back to a previous one.
    2. No.
  • Samir_Friend
    Options
    1. Yes. Look at the versions of the file and revert back to a previous one.
    2. No.
    The whole folder is deleted and I am not able to traverse it/see any versions of files within it that were deleted along with the folder. Can I recover that folder contents somehow?

Thanks.
  • Smitty has pretty much answered your question. I will add a little more. If neither the folder or any files within that folder were ever submitted to staging, then they are gone. A warning pops up to the user indicating such before they confirm the deletion. "Deleting xyz will permanently remove it. xyz exists only in this workarea and cannot be restored.
    Are you sure you want to delete this item?"

If you do a View / All and Deleted from the menu and you don't see your deleted folder, then it would indicate that none of your files or that folder were submitted. Which means that they can't be recovered. You can also check staging or any editions for versions of the file, but it's not likely to exist based upon your details.

If by some chance you were backing up iw-mount during your nightly backups then you might be able to recover it that way. But that would be very unlikely since it's not suggested or necessary to backup iw-mount since your iw-store(s) are already backed up.
  • Samir_Friend
    Options
    Smitty has pretty much answered your question. I will add a little more. If neither the folder or any files within that folder were ever submitted to staging, then they are gone. A warning pops up to the user indicating such before they confirm the deletion. "Deleting xyz will permanently remove it. xyz exists only in this workarea and cannot be restored.
    Are you sure you want to delete this item?"

If you do a View / All and Deleted from the menu and you don't see your deleted folder, then it would indicate that none of your files or that folder were submitted. Which means that they can't be recovered. You can also check staging or any editions for versions of the file, but it's not likely to exist based upon your details.

If by some chance you were backing up iw-mount during your nightly backups then you might be able to recover it that way. But that would be very unlikely since it's not suggested or necessary to backup iw-mount since your iw-store(s) are already backed up.
    Well, the folders were deleted accidentally by using a faulty ipl script(bad use of rm command). Is there any system command like undelete/unrm or something alike which can help me recover the deleted files(Unix)?
  • Unless you had the files backed up, you're screwed.
  • Samir_Friend
    Options
    Unless you had the files backed up, you're screwed.
    Yea! You guessed it right I believe....

Anyway, thanks for the help.
  • Adam Stoller
    Options
    If you're lucky enough to have your backing store maintained on a NAS device you may be able to restore files from a recent snapshot directory via the file system interface.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs