App to address Mailbox Sync shortcomings

System
System Administrator
Throwing out a general dev discussion here...

We have an issue with the Mailbox Sync facility on the Comms server. From what I have been led to believe it looks only at the inbox when comparing MsgID with filed emails. This is a serious oversight on the part of Autonomy for a couple of reasons:

1) Emails automatically moved to sub-folders via inbox rules will show as being filed.
2) More signficantly, sent items will not show as filed where the user chose not to file on sending and another internal recipient files it from their own inbox.

On both parts we can try to educate users to not move their emails and to always file on sending, but users being users, they either a) forget or b) have a legitimate reason not to.

I have been advised to register an enhancement request with Autonomy, which I will, but my users are asking for this now, so I'm looking to implement an in-house developed solution to fill the gap as follows:

The plan is to write a service app which runs locally on the PC with an x minute timer designed to retrieve all sent/received items since the last time the timer was invoked. Using Redemption to extract the MsgID I plan to run a query against the DOCMASTER table, and if found, change the mail item MessageClass to IPM.Note.Worksite.EMS.Filed or IPM.Note.Worksite.EMS.Sent. The user will then see that their sub-folder and sent folder items have been filed to filesite by another user.

Here's the problem though.. with the built in function of the local EMM and the server-side EFS, the filing location, status and date in Outlook are populated with the relevant information. Having had a little dig around I cannot find where this information is stored, either as a folder or mailitem property/userproperty. Does anyone have any idea of how this can be set programmatically? Theoretically it should be getting the information populated in the DOCMASTER table from when the email was originally filed, so I have access to that information - just no idea where to place it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Comments

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs