Web Parts - not for SharePoint

Hi

We are trying to reference a number of areas of WorkSite from another website, and the Sharepoint web parts are perfect for this. However this website we want to access the web parts from is not Sharepoint.

I can see web parts can be accessed in asp.net in version 8.2. Is there a document covering this for 8.5? We need web parts that we can use in a simple .net application - is that possible in 8.5?

Thanks
Gary

Comments

• Hi Gary, I don't know a lot about these web parts, but I am wondering if they are indeed SharePoint web parts and not ASP.Net Web Parts.... They are similar concepts, and I'm not 100% sure but I think ASP.Net Web Parts can be used in SharePoint (though I would imagine the reverse isn't true.)

It's also possible it might be neither of them, but WorkSite's own version of a "Web Part." That would be what I infer from Chapter 1 of the Integration Guide.

Best thing might be to create a demo web site and try it?

Hi

We are trying to reference a number of areas of WorkSite from another website, and the Sharepoint web parts are perfect for this. However this website we want to access the web parts from is not Sharepoint.

I can see web parts can be accessed in asp.net in version 8.2. Is there a document covering this for 8.5? We need web parts that we can use in a simple .net application - is that possible in 8.5?

Thanks
    Gary
  • Thanks!

The documents covering this for 8.5 only start with Sharepoint. It would be good, as you say, if they were simply built for asp.net, and therefore usable by many other apps.

I'll have another look into it.

Gary
  • Hi,
    I've already found this for Gary (although we've not tried it yet): Have a look in "WorkSite for SharePoint User's Guide (8.5, English)", it says there are ASP.NET web parts that can be used in normal ASP.NET pages, with instructions
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs