Some good tutorial

To put it bluntly, I am brand new on the field of Interwoven (Autonomy). I work in a sofware company as Java developer and I just found out that we are going to get involved in a huge project for a company using TeamSite. I worked in Joomla, Drupal, etc... I have colleagues who worked in SharePoint, but - as I know - at my level nobody ever worked before, or used Interwoven. I need some good reference material (except the book The Definitive Guide to Interwoven TeamSite). I am interested first in a good explanation of all those terms (DCR, DCT), their internal format. But, for the begining I prefer some tutorial which is not very-very bushy, because "I started getting bogged down with the massive about of XML configuration files and customization points".

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• If you have a support account (not the same as a DevNet account) then you can access manuals on the support site.

http://support.interwoven.com/supportloginau.asp

Someone at the client company should be able to access this site for you or may already have the multiple PDF files that you will need.

The clients TeamSite server will also have some presentation template documentaion here.

clientsservername>http://clientsservername/iw/help/tst/pt
  • To put it bluntly, I am brand new on the field of Interwoven (Autonomy). I work in a sofware company as Java developer and I just found out that we are going to get involved in a huge project for a company using TeamSite. I worked in Joomla, Drupal, etc... I have colleagues who worked in SharePoint, but - as I know - at my level nobody ever worked before, or used Interwoven. I need some good reference material (except the book The Definitive Guide to Interwoven TeamSite). I am interested first in a good explanation of all those terms (DCR, DCT), their internal format. But, for the begining I prefer some tutorial which is not very-very bushy, because "I started getting bogged down with the massive about of XML configuration files and customization points".

Thanks a lot.

There are also example DCRs in the TeamSite/example directory, you can load those and play with them as well.
  • If you end up doing any workflows you can find examples for workflows here.

/Interwoven/TeamSite/local/config/wft/examples
  • But that will only show him the wft workflows... Since he is a Java developer, perhaps it would be better for him to use the workflow modeler workflows.
    If you end up doing any workflows you can find examples for workflows here.

/Interwoven/TeamSite/local/config/wft/examples
  • But that will only show him the wft workflows... Since he is a Java developer, perhaps it would be better for him to use the workflow modeler workflows.
    True, but since it appears that he's going to be working on an "existing" installation there could be existing wft based worflows that he needs to modify. The examples can help him understand the basic functions in a wft based workflow.
  • True, but since it appears that he's going to be working on an "existing" installation there could be existing wft based worflows that he needs to modify. The examples can help him understand the basic functions in a wft based workflow.
    I beg to differ. Reading some of those will do nothing but give someone a headache. Esp the ones Smitty wrote......... Smiley Very Happy
  • thank you all for time spent responding to my post. tough, the issue is that our client is a prospect one. is not sure, yet, if he will chose to work with us or with other software company for their project. that's why, i wanted to achieve the best background on the subject I can. it's a practice, in my company, to start studying technologies before we are sure about a project. sometimes, indeed, we study "in the wind", but we do not take this entirely as spent time, because -generally - we will face with some of this knowledge in the future (and keep us as much up-to-date as possible with a broad vision about nowadays technologies). that's why i do not have access to Autonomy's support page. frankly, I worked with many technologies, but I hate companies that surround their technologies by secrecy. After all, they sell that. Anyway, this is another topic, which not belongs here.
    To resume, the idea is - still - that it will come in handy for me some kind of material between beginner and advanced.

Thank you again. Much obliged.
  • that's why, i wanted to achieve the best background on the subject I can. it's a practice, in my company, to start studying technologies before we are sure about a project. sometimes, indeed, we study "in the wind"
    Is it too late to ask you to please not to bid on this contract? Smiley Happy

It's common practice for consulting companies to learn things on the fly (we do it too), but you usually want at least one source of expertise on your side to guide you through it. Given the lack of public documentation and any but basic vendor training, this is not the kind of platform you want to just fiddle with until you get something working. I've seen my share of particularly terrible implementations with this platform and fixing/refactoring them later is often a colossal pain in the ****... Not to mention, your users will end up forever hating the platform in general because they don't distinguish between that and the implementation, and that perception is almost impossible for anyone to "fix".

I know you're not going to change your mind, so at a bare minimum, please invest the time and money to go on the vendor's training course.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs