Remotely download a document from WorkSite using iManage API

Hello all,

I'm trying to 

I have a C# application installed on my WorkSite server environment that can manipulate IMan Objects. I'm trying to grab a document's content and stream it to another computer for download (I'll do the same for upload).

The closest thing I found to a download is the IManDocument.GetCopy method wich copy the document to a specified local path.

But I'm remote and trying to grab the MIMEtype content of the document instead so that won't do the trick.

Is there anyway to get the content of a document with iManage? Or is there a workarond to grab it from the GetCopy method?

Thank you,

Regards,

Julien

Comments

• That's the only current way of geting a document copy out.  There's some streaming functionality coming but I don't have an eta.  Worksite aslo doens't keep a record of the Mime Type,  it has it's own concept of document types which don't match up with Mime.

If you want to streamto a client, get a copy of the document to a temp location, query the mime type and stream it from there.

• Thanks RKnott1,

This is what I ended up doing.

Now, to do the upload in the same fashion seems possible, but I need to understand what's happening during a document checkin/new version better.

• Checkin and checkin as new version involve creating a new document profile, as well as uploading the document. For more detail you need the SDK, as there's a lot of variables and required fields, however if you get a folder you can use "checkintofolder" which will give you a lot of this.  in 8.5 and higher saving a document to a folder can be enforced, and fits in better with the MMC model, so is the best option to use.

If you have worksite Web, you can use the SOAP or Addressable urls to achive this, or even the RESTAPI if you have mobility

• Hi,

I am a newbie to Worksite\filesite development.  I am in the process of creating a .net application.  This application needs to download a file, and retrieve its metadata.  I receive as input the "Document ID", "Document Version" and the "Database name".  Is this information sufficient?  What other inputs do I need?

How do i connect to the worksite instance using imanage api and download the doucment.  Can you share a example\sample code snippet to achieve this?

How do I create a connection or session?

Any help is much appreciated

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs