spellchecking in DCT/DCR - nanospell?

Environment[indent]TS 7.4.1 on W2K8R[/indent]
Problem[indent]Trying to implement spell checking (on-request and/or as-you-type) at least for IE-8 though preferably for IE-8, IE-10, and FF-24.x

Comments

• I see iespell on my 741 install in C:\interwoven\TeamSite\httpd\iw\tinymce\jscripts\tiny_mce\plugins\iespell

Not a lot of instructions:

http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Plugin3x:iespell

Though I have not tried it at all
    • I was able to install iespell on 741, it does not seen to work on IE11, but works in compatibility mode. I suspect this command fails on IE11:

if (!tinymce.isIE)

Of course this is IE only and requires a local install.
    • Ideally I'm looking for a spell-checker that doesn't require a local installation

Firefox does it innately and thus I probably don't need a spell checker for Firefox.

IE (at least IE-8 and IE-10) does not do spell-checking innately and thus I probably only need to worry about IE.

The one I looked at, nanospell, looked like a good choice, but it seems to require PHP, and iwwebd - at least OOTB - does not support PHP. A quick check on the webernet would seem to indicate that either mod_php4 or mod_php5 would need to be downloaded and installed (somewhere) and then configured into the iwwebd.conf[.template]. I haven't bothered trying this [yet] - as I've opened a ticket with Support to see if they can provide any guidance on this subject (since the documentation would make it seem as if they support spell checking for TinyMCE...)
    • I looked into this a long time ago and came up with basically the same results. The IE one can eventually work but it's kludgy and requires a local install. Everything else seemed to be in PHP. I briefly considered finding an open source dictionary and just writing the magic myself, but I didn't find any that came with an API at the time. This was 5+ years ago though, so perhaps now there are better dictionaries or, better yet, full Java implementations out there which would only require you to write the javascript plugin as a bridge between it and tinymce.

Or, if you find a PHP implementation that looks decent, it might be easy enough to just rewrite the PHP portion as PERL...
    • I am resurrecting this old thread to find out if anyone has been able to successfully implement any kind of spellchecking for DCT/DCR fields? This should be something that is natively available in TeamSite shipped OOTB. It's shameful that it isn't. I cannot get the TinyMCE spellchecker plugin to work (STILL in the version shipped in 16.3), and adding the "browser_spellcheck", "true" option at least adds some semblance of a spellcheck to the rich text fields, but while it adds a scratchy red line underneath words it thinks are spelled wrong, there's no way to right click and get a suggested fix or "add to dictionary" option if it's a word you want to use that isn't a common word, like a company acronym. It's not an ideal solution. I would like to have a spellchecker for non rich text fields as well. It's just absurd that in this day and age that the product hasn't had one embedded.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
    OpenText CE Products
    TeamSite
    APIs