Save the Date! HP Engage 2014 (Sept 21-23, '14) - Phoenix, AZ

We are excited to announce HP Engage will be held in Phoenix, AZ on September 21-23, 2014 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort. Brought to you by HP Autonomy, Engage 2014 brings together business and IT leaders from across industries trying to navigate the changes in technologies and the way in which we interact with customers.

HP Autonomy  can help you produce content-rich, relevant, targeted communications delivered in customer-preferred channels. Using data and analytics as a driver for customer engagement will result in superior customer experiences that will drive higher conversions, loyalty, and retention. This is a must-attend conference for customers using:

• HP Exstream
  • HP TeamSite
  • HP MediaBin
  • HP Optimost
  • HP Qfiniti
  • HP IDOL
  • HP Explore
  • HP Aurasma

Highlights this year include:

• Keynotes from industry thought leaders and innovative organizations shattering the customer experience paradigm
  • Over 60 business and technical breakout sessions
  • Genius Lab and Solution Showcase
  • Customer Care on-site
  • Awards dinner
  • Fantastic networking opportunities and access to HP experts and senior management

Registration is now open! Please visit www.hpengage.comfor more information.                        

Questions?  Contact the HP Engage Team.

Event Details:

JW Marriott Desert Ridge                                            

5350 Marriott Dr

Phoenix, AZ 85054

Date:

September 21-23, 2014

Registration Rates:

$799 Early-bird                                                                                    

$999 Full conference rate $100 discount on each registration for three or more from the same company

Register now: www.hpengage.com

Comments

• How did the event go ? interesting ? enjoyed ?

• The venue was very nice, the food very good, and, in general, the sessions pretty good.

That being said, TeamSite seemed a bit like an afterthought in that overall the conference seemed to be mostly about HP Exstream with other parts of the product line being pulled along as [not-quite] after-thoughts (at least IMO).

The sessions that did focus on TeamSite / LiveSite tended, more often than not, to be high-level as opposed to detailed (don't get me wrong, there were some very good detailed talks too, but they seemed to be the exception rather than the rule).

@bowker gave a very nice presentation about the work he's been doing.

Many of the other presntations focused (at various levels of detail) on the use of MediaBin and LiveSite to provide for the development of server-side responsive design to optimize the performance of delivering the right content in the right format to the right people on the right devices (right? ;-))

Hopefully, having seen the increased turn-out for the event as a whole, with TeamSite added, next year's even will do a better job of providing more deep-level talks.

Was I sorry I went? No

Am I planning to go next year? Yes

Biggest regret: Not having time to stay through the last day and missing the "TeamSite Futures" talk.

From what I gathered at the meeting, there's going to be a 7.5 release that primarily[?] will include an upgrade of Jboss to 64-bit and that 8.x is still out on the horizon somewhere.  Hopefully someone who did manage to stay for that talk will be able to provide more information.

• Thanks Adam for the insight.

Eventhough I couldnt attend, feels like TeamSite is being given a considerable weightage Smiley Very Happy

Am I planning to go next year? Yes

• My biggest issue with the conference is that is an HP Exstream conference that has TS, MB, Haven, etc other users as well.  It was quite obvious that everything plays second fiddle to Exstream at this conference. There certainly were a lot of TS people there as well as a number of breakout sessions for the Interwoven product line.   I will probably go next year hoping to see some differences. 

• To expand on Adam's request for more detail on TS 7.5, here are the list of things that will be included:

Support for:

• JBoss8
    • TinyMCE 4
    • IDOL 10.7
    • JDK 7 (64 bit)
    • XSLT 2.0
    • IE 10/11, FF 27+
    • Apache 7

I as also told in a private meeting that there will be a patch for 7.4.1 coming in Oct/Nov which will include most of the above except for JBoss8.  7.5 is expected to be released by the end of 2014, but may be delayed if they can't get JBoss8 to play nice.  7.4.1 is as far back as they plan to provide a patch for any of the above functionality. 

Their 8.0 presentation was a bit of a disappointment.  There will be a new UI for TS, but they had no screen shots.  The most significant changes in 8.0 appear to be LiveSite-centric.  They had a very weak demo for a couple new features.  The presentation as a whole was a big fail.

Will I go next year?  Only if it's more TeamSite focused and technical.  This whole thing was a Marketing fluff event.  They need to look at what GearUp used to provide and mimic that.  GearUp was immenely useful.  Real technical tracks and focus groups.  I couldn't give a **** about Exstream.

• Echoing the other comments here, I will also say that there seemed to be a overly strong focus on Exstream, which was to be expected. I didn't mind hearing about how the Marketing Optimization products fit into the big picture, but it did feel a bit repetitive after a while. I expect they will probably adjust that balance for next year.

I also think that, aside from a few exceptions, the breakout sessions weren't sufficiently technical (especially when you label them "training" and "technical" tracks). Some of them felt more like showcases that didn't actually explain how any of the underlying implementation was put together. Again, expecting some adjustment for next year.

I will add that, as a partner that had a booth in the solution showcase, that was a bit of a bust. There was nothing to really direct the traffic into that room, so it was fairly dead aside from the first night (where the food and drinks were actually served in that room). That was a bit disappointing, since I would have expected that the formula wasn't affected by the addition of the MktgOps.

Overall, it was no GearUp but there's room for it to grow in that direction. The attendance, quality, branding, location, events etc. were all pretty good. Also, I don't know if the HP representation outnumbered the crowd, but they had A LOT of people there. We'll be attending again for sure.

Nitpicky adjustment to @Smitty97007 's post -- TS 8.0 will have a new authoring paradigm similar to (or extending?) SitePublisher. A retooling of the overall UI (CCPro, workflow and such) is on the longer-term roadmap for 8.x.

EDIT: I attended both the MB Futures and TS Futures sessions. I don't know if it's fear of corporate spies or what, but it's unfortunate that they only tell us what's coming up in the next release and have very very few details about the longer-term roadmap. It would be nice for the engineers (rather than HP sales/marketing) to tell us what gaps/features/bugs they are [thinking of] addressing in the products even if they can't set anything in stone.

• Thanks everyone for the specific and *actionable* feedback! I've passed this thread on to the team that managed the event.

• As a partner having a booth at HP Engage, I echo some of rpaulin's comments about traffic to the booth. That said, it is interesting to see HP shift it's focus from the "web" to more "print + email + web". There were about 3 times as many HP Exstream users as TeamSite.

We blogged about the 7 takeaways from the event here: http://blog.autowoven.com/hp-engage-2014/

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs