LSCSRT installation issue

Options
System
System Administrator
Hi Geeks,

I have installed LSDS and LSCSRT. But I'm unable to hit the URL: http://localhost:1876/lscs/v1/admin/status

also

http://localhost:1776

It is throwing time out error. After debugging found the error as below:

SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:502)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.start(JIoEndpoint.java:519)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.start(Http11Protocol.java:203)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1131)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:531)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:288)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:413)
Oct 12, 2012 8:25:18 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
SEVERE: Catalina.start:
LifecycleException: service.getName(): "Catalina"; Protocol handler start failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1138)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:531)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:710)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:578)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
Oct 12, 2012 8:25:18 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 26705 ms
--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance.

TeamSite7.1, LiveSite7.1 version on Solaris 5.10

Comments

• Assuming you're using the OOTB servlet container (Tomcat), it sounds like the installer failed to configure tomcat to run on 1776 instead of the default 8080. Look for that number in LiveSiteDisplayServices/runtime/tomcat/conf/server.xml (approximate path), update, and restart the service.
  • Hi Rick,

Thank you for the reply. Yes! you are absolutely right. I am using the OOTB Servlet Container(Tomcat). But it has that port number as below:

port="1776"
    maxThreads="350"
    ------------------------------------------------------

Does anything missing under this file /teamsite/Interwoven/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/conf/server.xml

Attaching the file /teamsite/Interwoven/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/conf/server.xml

PFA.

As in the logs it is throwing Address port is already in use.

Thanks,
    Navid Khan.
  • To add more it throws the below error under:
    /teamsite/Interwoven/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/logs/localhost.2012-10-15.log

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/Normalizer
    at org.jasypt.normalization.Normalizer.normalizeToNfc(Normalizer.java:65)
    at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEByteEncryptor.initialize(StandardPBEByteEncryptor.java:546)
    ... 40 more
    Oct 15, 2012 8:13:30 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext loadOnStartup
    SEVERE: Servlet /lscs threw load() exception
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/Normalizer
    at org.jasypt.normalization.Normalizer.normalizeToNfc(Normalizer.java:65)
    at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEByteEncryptor.initialize(StandardPBEByteEncryptor.java:546)
    at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor.initialize(StandardPBEStringEncryptor.java:488)
    at org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor.decrypt(StandardPBEStringEncryptor.java:617)
    at org.jasypt.properties.PropertyValueEncryptionUtils.decrypt(PropertyValueEncryptionUtils.java:72)
    at org.jasypt.spring.properties.EncryptablePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.convertPropertyValue(EncryptablePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:107)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.convertProperties(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:95)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:72)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:554)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:528)
    at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:363)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:402)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:316)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:282)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:126)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1172)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:992)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4058)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4371)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:627)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptors(HostConfig.java:553)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:488)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Hos
  • There's no reason for Tomcat to still be trying to start on 8080 if it's not in the server.xml. What's most likely happening is that you installed a separate version of Tomcat and you're trying to start that one instead of the one that's shipped with LSDS.

For the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/Normalizer, that means you're missing a JAR file in your classpath, and from the looks of it, one that's not shipped by iwov so it must be your own customization.
  • Thanks Rick for the points.

But I have installed the Tomcat which is shipped with LSDS itself not customized. Now the issue of port resolved after uninstalling LSDS and LSCSRT then installing.

Now I encounter with new errror, hitting http://servername:1976/lscs/v1/admin/status throws 404 error.

After debugging i found under Tomcat Manager there is no lscs folder deployed.

Not sure where it went wrong.

LSCS application should be deployed to Tomcat during installation itself but it is not happening and nothing gets updated in the LSCSRT lscs.log.

Thanks,
    Navid Khan.
  • By default, LSDS doesn't use the same Tomcat as LSCS. You probably have a second one on your file system somewhere, and you should know where it is because the LSCS installer will have asked you where your Tomcat instance is.
  • Assuming that you are installing this on a server that is not hosting TeamSite....
    Since you are able to uninstall, I would do the following.

Uninstall LSCS and LSDS.
    Install Apache Tomcat and call it Tomcat_LSCS or something similar to know it is for LSCS instance.
    Set environment variable CATALINA_HOME to the environment variable.
    Run the installer and install LSCS from the command line which should pick up the environment variable and won't ask you for a Tomcat_Home directory and install this on port 1876 if you use the default.

Do something similar for LSDS (Install Tomcat in another directory, maybe Tomcat_LSDS). The default port should be 1776.
  • Yes Rick LSDS is using the Tomcat which is chipped with it and it is running fine. But for LSCSRT during installation i have given Tomcat installation directory as Tomcat( during LSDS installation given the same directory for Tomcat installation) which i manually created. It should not make difference as both are different instances.

@Mart: We have TeamSite installed on the same machine. Now LSDS is running fine dont want to uninstall LSDS again. As i can see LSDS is running on Tomcat which is chipped with it.
  • Yes Rick LSDS is using the Tomcat which is chipped with it and it is running fine. But for LSCSRT during installation i have given Tomcat installation directory as Tomcat( during LSDS installation given the same directory for Tomcat installation) which i manually created. It should not make difference as both are different instances.
    It DOES make a difference in that you probably looked at the server.xml from the wrong instance.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs