How do you show targeted content in a component based on userProfile attributes

System
System Administrator
Hi All,
As mentioned in the Title, I am unable to get the Rule associated to a component executed when a component with Content Rule is defined.

The below is a detailed explanation of my scenario::

I have defined and published the following into a LiveSite Runtime environment::
1. A Rule (let me calls this as R) which has a condition that evaluates true for 'Visitor Gender=Male' and executes an action: 'Get Content Tagged with: Locale is=en_US' else 'does nothing'.
2. A component (let me call this as C) with a ContentRule Datum Type (based on ex provided in Appendix A of TS Site Dev Guide) which has associated the Rule defined in Step 1 with the component
3. A content which needs to be retrieved called ProductInfo(I suppose all content gets tagged with Locale=en_US by default)
4. A page that has a Login component and based on successful login redirects to the page containing the component (C) I defined before.

My expectation is that when a Male user logs in the Rule (R) associated to the Component (C) is executed by the RulesEngine and the Content I have published is retreived. But this is not happening as I expected.

I suppose when the 'Get Content Tagged with' is called by a Rule the method getContent() of Java class: com.interwoven.livesite.rules.actions.SampleContentRetrieverAction is called. Since I have enabled the Log4J logs in LiveSite environment at Level=DEBUG I am unable to find any logs from the getContent() API being written and also any log that says the RuleEngine has executed my Rule R. I am referring to the livesite.runtime.log file for logs.

Can anyone who has tried the Targeting of content in a component selectively based on the Visitor userProfile please help me with any troubleshooting techniques to evaluate:
1. Why the Content is not being retrieved by the Rule (Is my tagging correct)?
2. or Help me check why the Rule is not being executed when my component (C) is loaded?

Note: I have a segmented navigation component (defined via a SiteMap) working in the same page as my component C which shows a MaleSegment when a Male user logs into the page. This is using the same Gender Condition as used by my Rule 'R'.

There is a reference to this topic in another thread but since that topic was older I have posted a new therad here: http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=32613&forumid=66

Eagerly awaiting a response.

Comments

• Hi All,
    I was able to get the content retrieved with the following:
    1. The search service wasn't installed in our LiveSite testbed and once we installed it we could get the ContentRule retreive Metadata associated with a matching Content Item.
    => http://:1876/lscs/v1/admin/status should provide the following response if search service is UP:: repository name="Search Server Repository" status="UP"
    Before we use to get this error: repository name="Search Server Repository" status="DOWN" description="org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:9000 refused"

2. We also indexed our LiveSite runtime environment

I also had another assumption mentioned in my question, which I would like to clarify:
    >>A content which needs to be retrieved called ProductInfo(I suppose all content gets tagged with Locale=en_US by default)<<
    => Yes, this is by default behaviour that all content created in TeamSite shall get tagged with en_US; but we can add the relevant tags in datacapture.cfg to add an option to change the tagging

Also I noticed that the following about the Content retreiver:
    a. com.interwoven.livesite.rules.actions.SampleContentRetrieverAction.getContent() method that is called by an Action 'Get Content Tagged With' is capable of getting only MetaData associated with a ContentItem
    b. The LSCS query retreives results only the the LiveSite Runtime environment (and not in the TeamSite environment)

Thanks,
    Rakesh V
  • Hey Rakesh,
    Thanks for your detailed post. I was also installing and upgrading my server to 7.3.2 and faced similar issues especially with Targeting.
    Just to add to what you mentioned already, I was also able to get the Targeting Rules working on Preview or Author Env on TS.
    Interestingly, they have changed the architecture of LSCS Authoring which now uses IDOL installed with TS Search for indexing. Due to this, a seperate LSCS Auth Store is no more installed.
    To make the targeting rules working on LSCS Authoring, you need to ensure the following
    1. Make sure your TS Search is up and running
    2. Modify the branches.cfg file to add the entry for the branch where you are configuring the Targeting Rule and authoring content
    3. Ensure the metadata categories which you want to be indexed are mapped correctly in the FieldMappings.xml file in Search Server.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Deepali
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs