Installing SitePublisher and Runtime on Same machine

System
System Administrator
Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried installing SitePublisher and Runtime ie LiveSiteCSAuth and LSCSRT on same machine?

Or does anyone know Autonomy does not support installing everything on same machine?

As i have some scenarios where we have installed both SitePublisher and Runtime on same machine of Windows server platform successfully.

TeamSite 7.1, Open Deploy 7.1, LiveSite 7.1,
platform: Solaris 10.

Thanks & Regards,
Navid Khan.

Comments

• Has anyone tried installing SitePublisher and Runtime ie LiveSiteCSAuth and LSCSRT on same machine?
    Yes.
    Or does anyone know Autonomy does not support installing everything on same machine?
    It's supported, it's just a terrible idea for production environments. Works fine for sandboxes.
    As i have some scenarios where we have installed both SitePublisher and Runtime on same machine of Windows server platform successfully.
    If you've done it and it works, then what are you asking exactly?
  • Thanks Rick for the information. This is for development box where I am installing both LSCSAuth and LSCSRT on same machine.

Now I have issue for LSCSRT installation where another instance of Tomcat is not getting created during installation itself.

As Apache Tomcat is installed with LSDS installation which is used for LSCRT too on different port i.e default 1876.

For LSCSRT installatioin how to configure another instance of Apache Tomcat?

Thanks,
    Navid Khan.
  • You have to manually install a release of Tomcat yourself. The LSCSRT installer will ask you where it is and create its own instance based off that. While I don't believe your original Tomcat will actually be active, you should install (or configure) it on a port other than the default 8080, because that obviously conflicts with JBoss (the Iwov Application Container).
  • Thanks Rick for the information. As in my case Apache Tomcat got installed with LSDS installations not the one which is shipped with LSDS under runtime directory, separate Apache Tomcat got installed.

As you said "The LSCSRT installer will ask you where it is and create its own instance based off that", LSCSRT has asked for Apache Tomacat and I have given the Apache Tomcat directory path which got installed with LSDS not the which is chipped with LSDS under runtime. But I see LSCSRT has not created its own instance based on that.

Any idea why LSCSRT missed creating its own instance based on provided Apache Tomcat?

I will give a try for manually configuring the Apache Tomcat instance for LSCSRT.

Thanks,
    Naveed Khan.
  • Step 1 will be figuring out what the installer actually did. Run a search for lscs-static.xml and you should find the Tomcat instance that's been configured for you. If you don't have that file, then your installation failed somehow.

Sorry if I misspoke, but the Tomcat that you give the LSCSRT installer is the one that it will configure. It will create a new instance in terms of running on a new port, but not replicate the whole Tomcat directory.

Once you figure out which Tomcat to look at, then you can try starting it up and seeing if any problems come out in its logs.
  • Thanks Rick for the information. Yes the lscs-static.xml file is present and I can hit the URL http://hostname:1876/ and see Apache Tomcat homepage where as when i hit the URL http://hostname:1876/lscs/v1/admin/status it throws 404 error.

As i researched further and found that lscs webapps directory is not available under Apache Tomcat webapps.

Yes as you said correctly it created new instance running on new port ie 1876 but LSCSRT installer missed/skipped to deploy the lscs webapps to Apache Tomcat's webapps running on 1876.

No information in the Apache Tomcat logs as it shows everything running fine and up under the logs. And LSCSRT lscs.log is not created by default.

Thanks,
    Navid Khan.
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs