IDOL max reached - how to reset?

System
System Administrator
Hi DevNetters -
I've been trying to get some successful indexing (7.3.1 on Linux) working in TeamSite Search. A couple of months ago IDOL reached some max that said it's only licensed for 10,000,000 files and that we'd maxed out.

Ok, we have some big branches and several EDITIONs, so I can see how that might happen.

Since then, I have dropped every branch from the Indexer, except for one that has 4 files in it.

IDOL is still complaining that it is at its limit of 10,000,000 documents when I am currently asking it to process 4 files.

Any ideas how to reset the 10 million file check? I've got a Support ticket going as well, but perhaps some of you have encountered this as well.

Ideas?

Comments

• Check with Support - you might be able to get away with just a DRECOMPACT, but you might have to do something more - like removing db files and such.
  • You could try reinitializing the whole index with a DREINITIAL. You'll then need a full reindex, but that should empty out all content. If that doesn't work, I'd guess that you triggered some flag that must be reset by some special command.
  • Thanks for those replies. I'll try those, and will let you know how it goes.
  • Hey, that worked!! The reinitial followed by the compact cleared IDOL. I then restarted IDOL, Indexing and Search. I'm going to test a larger branch.

Many thanks!!
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs