Unable to use template

Options

OK, this is really strange. 

We have 20 identical branches with a site on each.  They use the same components/templates/DCRs. 

Users all use the same roles. we have 2 branches (at least) where a set of users cannot use a LiveSite template, either create a page with that template or add it to a blank page.  I can do it fine. 

They have the same roles as other branches that works.  I check permissions of files, default.site, template branch, etc, all are good. The one thing I have found is this error when the user tries to attach the template to a page:

2014-07-07 13:41:49,347 INFO [STDOUT] [ERROR] 13:41:49 PageTemplateAction - Error applying template to page.
com.interwoven.livesite.common.business.BusinessException: There are no available sites. Please create a site.
at com.interwoven.livesite.business.BusinessSite.getCurrentSite(BusinessSite.java:1586)
at com.interwoven.livesite.business.BusinessPage.getTemplate(BusinessPage.java:900)
at com.interwoven.livesite.business.BusinessPage.applyTemplateToPage(BusinessPage.java:1861)
at com.interwoven.livesite.web.site.action.PageTemplateAction.applyTemplate(PageTemplateAction.java:257)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:270)
at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:187)
at com.interwoven.livesite.common.web.action.BaseAction.execute(BaseAction.java:171)
at com.interwoven.livesite.web.LivesiteAction.execute(LivesiteAction.java:87)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:431)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:236)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1196)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:432)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.interwoven.livesite.spring.hibernate.web.filter.OpenSessionsInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionsInViewFilter.java:108)
at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:346)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:259)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.impl.auth.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:203)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at com.interwoven.ui.base.util.SetRequestEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetRequestEncodingFilter.java:106)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:584)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The user can view the site, the permissions are 664, and the user does not (nor should he) have write access. 

We are running 732 on Solaris with OS users and a mix of OS and TS groups.  I checked groups between working and non-working and everything looks clean. 

Anything that cna point me in the right direction is greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• ok, some more data.  I tried making the user a site administrator, he could change the default.site, but still same results on new page creation. 

I tried browsing the template branch and all the template files were grayed out.  I thought that might be the issue but I browsed the component branch and I saw similar results.  The user can add components with no trouble. 

I am really confused here

• Have you tried deleting the user account (within TeamSite) and re-creating it?

• It appears to be site specific rather that user specific. And this is a production branch so removing the site is not an option. 

• Try inspecting the http requests with firebug. According to your stack trace, a vpath parameter specifying the location of the page you're editing isn't being passed properly.

• I compared the edit page popup as him and as me and they were identical.  My login worked fine.  His login didn't work. 

I also made him a Master and it still failed so it is not role related. There must be a permissions issue somewhere. 

• OK, so I turned debug on and saw this:

2014-07-10 08:13:45,350 INFO [STDOUT] [DEBUG] 08:13:45 BusinessSite - store: default
    2014-07-10 08:13:45,356 INFO [STDOUT] [DEBUG] 08:13:45 BusinessSite - branch: main
    2014-07-10 08:13:45,357 INFO [STDOUT] [ WARN] 08:13:45 BusinessException - BusinessException [100]
    There are no available sites. Please create a site.
    2014-07-10 08:13:45,358 INFO [STDOUT] [DEBUG] 08:13:45 BusinessException -
    com.interwoven.livesite.common.business.BusinessException: There are no available sites. Please create a site.

Basically we have mulitpled levels ov branches (/default/main/corp/project/instance) and the user has complete access to the instance and project branch but the corp branch is marked as Restrict Access. This user cannot traverse the UI and that is the issue, Our front end drops the user into the correct workarea, so that was never a problem before.  

So I know the problem, now trying to decide on the best political solution.  

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs