TS 8 silent install error

OK, usually pretty good with the silent installer. But this one has me confused.  Linux 6.6 (CentOS)

Can't find bundle for base name com.interwoven.wcm.livesite.install.resource.liveSiteInstallDisplayStrings, locale en_US

I cannot find this anywhere.  Any ideas ? 

STEP 7: Install URL alias for Apache Content Web Server

2015-12-15 00:52:28,445 ERROR com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver - Exception occurred while running ExecuteTsConfig task. See installer.log for details.
com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.InstallException: Exception occurred while running ExecuteTsConfig task. See installer.log for details.
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.DocumentCompositeTask.runTask(DocumentCompositeTask.java:136)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.api.CompositeTask.runTask(CompositeTask.java:134)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.MultiComponentCompositeTask.runTask(MultiComponentCompositeTask.java:111)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver.install(Driver.java:432)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.ConsoleBasedAAMgr.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.e(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.n(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.e(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.n(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.ConsoleBasedAAMgr.b(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.a(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(DashoA10*..)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name com.interwoven.wcm.livesite.install.resource.liveSiteInstallDisplayStrings, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.api.Localizer.getLocalizedString(Localizer.java:157)
at com.interwoven.wcm.teamsite.install.tasks.server.unix.ExecuteTsConfig.runTask(ExecuteTsConfig.java:79)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.DocumentCompositeTask.runTask(DocumentCompositeTask.java:119)
... 22 more

Comments

•  

OK,  when I put the jar in the decompiler,  I see that there is a locale for en but not en_US and there is a default.  So now I have to figure out how TS is determining the locale..... 

• Something else must be going on, because the ResourceBundle class will look for name_en_US.properties, then fallback to name_en.properties, then fallback to name.properties... which means it's not finding any of those three in the classpath.

•  

Yep, something completely different.  I finally got back to this and this entry

# Apache's conf dir (e.g., /etc/http/conf)
    teamSiteHttpConfDir=/etc/http/conf

Looked like this:

# Apache's conf dir (e.g., /etc/http/conf)
    teamSiteHttpConfDir=/etc/http/conf>

Obviously that did something to the classpath. Anyway when I fixed it worked again. 

Of course that was 8.0 and now 8.1 is out.........

• Hi Andy,

Getting the same error.

2017-09-22 06:57:20,435 INFO com.interwoven.wcm.teamsite.install.tasks.server.unix.ExecuteTsConfig - Exception Executing tsconfig Can't find bundle for base name com.interwoven.wcm.livesite.install.resource.liveSiteInstallDisplayStrings, locale en_US

In iwjboss.log, getting the below error message for many jars

[0m[0m15:35:44,930 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found iw-registry.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called iw-registry.war.dodeploy [0m[0m15:35:50,012 INFO [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-5) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "iw-registry.war" (runtime-name: "iw-registry.war") [0m[33m15:35:52,511 WARN [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015960: Class Path entry cxf-common-utilities-2.1.2.jar in /usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/deployments/iw-registry.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-manifest.jar does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference. [0m[33m15:35:52,512 WARN [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015960: Class Path entry cxf-common-schemas-2.1.2.jar in /usr/Interwoven/ApplicationContainer/standalone/deployments/iw-registry.war/WEB-INF/lib/cxf-manifest.jar does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

Can you please share the solution.

Regards,
    Praveen

• Mine was a problem with the install config. I had some parameters messed up, the error was different from what you show. It doesn't look like the registry war deployed. Look higher in the logs

• Thanks Andy, gave the assumption that it was something in common!

Attaching the installer and jboss logs in logs.txt. Apart from the ones mentioned, there's another error which states "This version of TeamSite only runs on Linux ES 4 and AS 4." This could be the culprit I guess.

Regarding the missing bundle error, is it because we entered the details for LiveSite in the installer? While configuring the installer.properties, we tried the option 'nodatabase' as suggested in the template but didn't help. Also gave 'nodb' which also didn't help. The installation exited asking to enter database details for SitePublisher, LiveSite, ReportCenter etc. each time.

regards,
    Praveen

• Installing LiveSite authoring component on a TS server is supported. People often do that.

The Linux version error is a deal breaker. What are you trying to install on ? You can ask support if it is supported.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs