TS 8.1 Silent install

Options

I am pretty good at the silent install,  however getting an NPE pretty early. Not certain why.  I took my 8.0 install script and merged it with the 8.1 sample.  I re-encoded passwords.  

THinking I will wipe the system and try a GUI install to narrow it down if is my system missing somehting (though it ran 8.0 without problems) or it is in the silent install config. 

Getting this error and not certain where to go

2015-12-26 18:56:56,346 DEBUG com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ComponentSelectionManager - *** selectedComponents
2015-12-26 18:56:56,388 DEBUG com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.PostInstall - (post Install)FoundationLibraries8.1.0.0.0 com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.util.IWPackage@ae3ec com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ComponentInPackage@93301c9c
2015-12-26 18:56:56,389 DEBUG com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ComponentInstallRelationshipManager - Inside getOperation ==========> null
2015-12-26 18:56:56,390 INFO com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.Iwinstall - iwinstall location ==> /opt/interwoven/iwinstall
2015-12-26 18:56:56,391 ERROR com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver -
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.PostInstall.runComponentsCodeAndSetState(PostInstall.java:259)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.PostInstall.configureComponent(PostInstall.java:162)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.PostInstall.configure(PostInstall.java:77)
at com.interwoven.wcm.install.framework.ia.Driver.install(Driver.java:428)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.an(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.ConsoleBasedAAMgr.ac(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.am(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.runNextInstallPiece(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.am(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.AAMgrBase.runNextInstallPiece(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.ConsoleBasedAAMgr.runPostInstall(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.consoleInstallMain(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)
2015-12-26 18:56:56,392 INFO com.interwoven.wcm.install.util.Iwinstall - iwinstall location ==> /opt/interwoven/iwinstall

Comments

• Following up

I ran a regular install of 8.1 with no trouble on this VM.  So I am confident that the server is configured correctly.  

Cleaned it and tried again,  still getting errors.  I am digging. 

My customer wanted me to do an install this week, and I cannot use the UI.  So I need to be pretty confident that the silent installer works. 

• The obvious question: Have you opened a case with Support?

Could be there's something broken in the silent installer...

• OK odd,  but fixed.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and got a different stack trace, this time complaining about a bad archive (though this is the same iwpkg I used with the UI),  So I copied down the archive again and started from scratch.  Seems to be working.  

Will open a thread with/for comments.

• ghoti wrote:

The obvious question: Have you opened a case with Support?

Could be there's something broken in the silent installer...

No, I was planning to but had to wait for my customer to get in.  Got it working before (see other post)

• Glad you got it resolved - you may need to change your signature, I don't think this forum has 'like's (at least I don't see that option)

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs