TS 8.1 open thread

This thread is for Q/A about TS 8.1.  

A few comments:

UI install was easy.  I took a 8.0 server and wiped it,  Then ran the UI install (silent installer was giving me grief) no issues.  

A couple peeves:

One would think that after how many years theinstaller would not croak if HTTPD is running.  Every time I run it (GUI or silent) it fails because HTTPD is set to autostart.  That would be a simple fix.

Silent installer - encoded passwords.  Certainly better than the cleartext.  However special characters on Unix like <>!  are often in a password, but you have to escape them i.e. \!  to run it on a command line.  I certainly expect this messes people up. 

Pre-req checking is still pretty minimal.  Though the installer seems to be runnable (instead of cleanup and run again) after a fix.  

TS license grace period. Typically there is a 48 hour grace period to run without a license/  Not certian why, but when I first ran the UI installer (I removed TS 8 from this server and rebooted), TS failed to com up with a license violation.  Since the installer requires TS to be up to complete, that means you need to copy your license in and restart the install, or copy it in during the install.  I did the former during the UI installer and the latter after I cleaned the system again and did the silent installer.   It is certainly possible that I missed something when I cleaned up the system and it *thought* it was installed before.  Not certain if that is a change that HP made.  

I did test my external site on LSDS 8, and there were no issues (i.e. XSL), so I am feeling pretty good about things. 

Andy

Comments

•  

OK Did an install for a customer with 8.1.  Found a few things: (Linux 6.5)

1.  Did a wipe of an existing Linux instance (rm /etc/*iw*, rm /etc/init.d/*iw*, rm -rf /opt/interwoven), dropped and recreated the DB tables.  This so I do not have to futz with the libraries. 

2. Could not get the silent installer to work (getting NPE, could never get rid of it - opened a ticket) - have used the silent successfully on 8.0 and 7.X

3. Installed X windows,  used SSH tunneling to get X working.  Still the GUI installer complained about having to run on Console mode and died.  I copied over the 8.0 installer and it worked, so I used it to install 8.1.  That worked. 

4.  Even though I removed everything, I did not get the 48 hour grace period and TS failed to come up because of no license.  That means it was partially configured and I have to wait for the guy with the support login to gen a license so I can complete the install.  

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs