TeamSite 8.1 & MetaTagger 4.1.3 (on Windows) - Excluding files from tagging

Here is some background to the issue:

After some investigation it appears that this is an issue which occurs whenever different metadata rules apply to the files.  If two or more files are tagged and the “Default Rule” applies to each, then the UI works as expected.   It fails when the “Default Rule” applies to one and the “No Meta Rule” applies to the other.

The workaround/solution was to remove the “No Meta Rule” … the purpose of this rule is to provide a friendly error message whenever users attempt to apply metadata to a file to which metadata does not apply (eg: printer friendly version).

I'm trying to configuring MetaTagger to stop _print.aspx files being shown when multiple files are selected for tagging.

• I’ve removed the No Meta Rule from the \Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\datacapture.cfg
  • I’ve removed the rule from the \Interwoven\TeamSite\local\config\metadata-rules.cfg

e.g.:

….

<cond vpath-regex=".*-print\.aspx$"/>

<cond vpath-regex=".*_print\.aspx$"/>

….

the <cond> elements still need to be retained to ensure that metadata tagging is ignored for such files

and documents.

• I’ve restarted the system.

However I’m still getting this UI. 

How do I stop the _print from appearing ? (i.e. for metatagger to ignore the _print file)

Comments

• This solution should simply ignores the file which is not applicable, resulting in the friendlier tagging UI

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs