What should I do to make the submit.cfg take effect except for restart by 'iwreset -a'?

Does the code has any problem?

CASE-SENSITIVE = YES

RULES
{
{
/templatedata/passenger-guide/ #the path name of a directory must end with a '/'
{
owner=HKIA-TS-DEV01\admin1
setaccess = {HKIA-TS-DEV01\passengerGuide:ALL}
}

/$
    {
        group=HKIA-TS-DEV01\Common
    }

[^/]$
    {
        group=HKIA-TS-DEV01\Common
    }
}

}

Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• Just use a regular iwreset (no parameters), this will reread the file and will not impact anyone.

Also use iwtestcfg to test out your changes:

iwtestcfg /default/main/component-guide/WORKAREA/shared/sites/Component\ Guide/Home.page

• Nope, It is only triggered on a submit, which requires a modification.

On Linux you can set the sticky bit on your directory and it will inherit the ownership. I do not know of a way to do that in DOS, but you should be able to write a trigger, on modifyFSE or createFSE to change the permissions

Answers

• Just use a regular iwreset (no parameters), this will reread the file and will not impact anyone.

Also use iwtestcfg to test out your changes:

iwtestcfg /default/main/component-guide/WORKAREA/shared/sites/Component\ Guide/Home.page

• Hi Andy, thanks for your response. It solves my problems!

By the way, is there a way to make the submit effective without modifying a folder or file ?

• Nope, It is only triggered on a submit, which requires a modification.

On Linux you can set the sticky bit on your directory and it will inherit the ownership. I do not know of a way to do that in DOS, but you should be able to write a trigger, on modifyFSE or createFSE to change the permissions

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs