Formatting a web hyperlink

mennovh
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I have a report that contains web hyperlinks. Birt formats these link a normal hyperlink (i.e. blue underlined and purple underlined when visited). I want to remove/override this formatting. I have tried importing styles using the Import CSS style functionality but without sucess. I have read online that it ispossible to alter the default style of web hyperlinks but haven't found a working example. Has anyone done this before? Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    You can right click the control that has the hyperlink and create a new style. I have been able to format the font size, color, background, border, etc... I still could not remove the underline with this method however.<br />
    <br />
    To get the most control, you could also use a Text control instead of a data control... Set the formatting of the control to HTML and then try something like this:<br />
    <br />
    " style="text-decoration:none;color:green;font-size:9pt" <br />
    onMouseOver="this.style.color = 'tan'"<br />
    onMouseOut="this.style.color = 'green'"><br />
    <VALUE-OF>row["POSTALCODE"]</VALUE-OF><br />
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • susqc
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    But what if the link I want to format is to a drill down to another report???
  • serafo
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Hello Guys.

I need to do link to reports based on the value of the slice of the pie I click.
    ie. The pie shows three, or more, slides. But there is one that I need to link to a specific report. The other ones can link to another

Is it possible?? Thanls for your help!
  • Alexey
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'susqc'" data-cid="52403" data-time="1250239913" data-date="14 August 2009 - 01:51 AM"><p>
    But what if the link I want to format is to a drill down to another report???<br /></p></blockquote>
    Hello, Any luck with removing underline from drill-through link?
  • johnw
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Alexey'" data-cid="70750" data-time="1290638951" data-date="24 November 2010 - 03:49 PM"><p>
    Hello, Any luck with removing underline from drill-through link?<br /></p></blockquote>
    <br />
    Bookmark the link to modify, drop in a Text element and set to HTML, and use Javascript to modify by using a document.findElementById().<br />
    <br />
    I suppose you could also modify it by putting in a script in the onRender event for the data element, and setting the this.getStyle() properties.<br />
    <br />
    John
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb