BIRT & MapServer

Tchule
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hello,

I'm trying to insert an image generated by Mapserver inside my PDF report. It works but I have 2 annoying problems :

- It seems that the each image is requested by BIRT multiple time. For each Map shown on the report I have 4 logs with the same URL in Mapserver.

- The resolution of the Map is not good at all, I've added in the URL some parameters to ensure that the requested image have a good size (500x600) but this parameters doesn't seems to impact the quality of the image in the report (it impacts the time used by mapserver ...). It seems that the image is downscaled when the PDF is generated.

Regards,

Tchule.

Comments

• Tchule
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    After a few tests, the second problem is corrected, I don't remember exactly how because I've tested many things but it's related to the parameter "Size" of the Image object.
    In the advanced properties you can change the scaling mode "Clip", "Scale to item" or "Size to image".

I've set a width and a height to the report image item, I've increased the size of the original image (1200x800) and I've set the mode to "Scale to item".

Now the problem is that it's very slow, If I could avoid calling Mapserver 4 times ...

Tchule.