PDF margins

Brian1
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,
I have several reports that I need to output to PDF, and I'm finding that no matter what I do to the left & right margin values in the rptdesign master page layout, that the right margin in the PDF document is well over .5 inches, and its cutting off data in my report.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian

Comments

• omnius
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    i think you should set the properties of your table(s) to 100% (or less) instead of an fixed width.
    If you set the width of a table to 300mm and your page is only 200mm than it will cut off your data no matter what margins you set on the master page.
  • Brian1
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Thanks for the reply, omnius.

Oddly enough, I have found that I needed to do the opposite in order to get my tables to render quasi-correctly in PDF.

I used to use a lot of %-based widths for tables and for columns, and found that the PDF output consistently cut off the 1/2 of the data in the last column.

What suprised me the most was that the PDF margins seemed to ignore the page layout that I set in my master page.

If I had a table that was 8in wide with 2 4in columns, and I set the page layout to landscape, I would *still* see about 1-2in of the right column cut off in the PDF output. So it seems like the PDF output is being chopped off on the right-hand side margin regardless of what I do.

I'm working on a generic example file that I'll upload to help show what I'm seeing.

Thanks again for your reply!
    -Brian