Connection to EXASOL DWH

Robe
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Has anyone experience with connection to an EXASOL DWH? I got information about that product by the TPC website where a benchmark has been published (no. 1 in 100GB and 1.000GB). <br />
Seems that it is a very fast DWH with cluster technology. Any idea to connect with ODBC, JDBC ... ?<br />
Here the link to the benchmark site <a class='bbc_url' href='http://tpc.org/tpch/results/tpch_perf_results.asp'>http://tpc.org/tpch/results/tpch_perf_results.asp</a&gt;

Comments

• mathias
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Exasol has a nearly complete set of drivers:<br />
    - a platform-independent JDBC 3.0 driver<br />
    - an ODBC 3.5 driver für Windows (>= Windows 2000) and Linux (unixODBC). I think there are 32bit and 64bit versions.<br />
    - an ADO.NET 2.0 data provider with extensions for MS SQL Server 2005 Reporting and Integration Services<br />
    <br />
    If your application follows the standards of the interface used, there should be no big problems connecting to Exasol DWH. The software is known to be compatible to the big commercial BI tools, e.g. Business Objects, MicroStrategy, SAS/Base, Cognos.<br />
    <br />
    On their website (www.exasol.com) you can download an english whitepaper with a little more information.
  • ramganesh
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    I am conecting the BIRT report tool to databse SQL server . It's connected

but ISERVER express is not view the page some wrror will be disply

This error is dilpay

Cannot open the connection for the driver:org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc
    faild to get connection.
    SQL error #1: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified..

if possible pleease rectify
  • ramganesh
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    ramganesh wrote:
    I am conecting the BIRT report tool to databse SQL server . It's connected <br />
    <br />
    but ISERVER express is not view the page some error will be disply <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    This error is dilpay <br />
    <br />
    Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc <br />
    faild to get connection.<br />
    SQL error #1: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified..<br />
    <br />
  • ramganesh
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    ramganesh wrote:
    I am conecting the BIRT report tool to databse SQL server . It's connected <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc <br />
    SQL error #1: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified..<br />
    <br />
  • ramganesh
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    ramganesh wrote:
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />