Sub Report Question

apeters
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

I am doing a proof of concept and trying to determine if I will be able to create a reoport in the format I need.

Scenario: I have a report, with 2 datasets and am linking them on a common id (trip report id). The second dataset will bring back multiple values per id.

The report has a list item, and within the detail section of that, a grid item, which displays the values from the first dataset. I then have a table item to display the values of the 2nd dataset.

My problem is on the 2nd dataset, I want the column header and data to line up beside each other, but if I put the label in the detail it shows up twice, in the header it is above the data and not beside it.

Questions: Perhaps I am not using the correct items to show the data, but is there a way to do this (see attachment). Also, does a grid item only show a single record? The assumption is a there will be multiple "trip reports (multiple id's)" per report, bu tif I am using a grid, will it show all the data I need?

Thanks

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi apeters,

In your table control, Insert a Group and select the field that you only want to display once. This will also give you an area where you can add totals and sums for those detail rows. As an alternative, there is also a column property call "Suppress Duplicates" that will hide the second or more repeating values in the same column.

To answer your grid question, the grid isn't really bound to data like the table control or list control is... so if you are going to use a bunch of rows of data from the same query, use a table bound to that data set so the query is only run once for table and not for each control.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb