Iserver Installation error

Srinath
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi,

I have downloaded the iserver express trial download and installed in mysystem following the instruction given in the webiste.
But when i access the iportal ,under the volume column it says "failed to retreive volume name".
when login using administrator with blank password. it thows me a error. please find the error image attached.

after indtalling i have restarted my system.

Please let me know what could be the problem?

Thanks

Comments

• wli
    wli
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Were you installing on Windows? If so, can you check the log files under

<actuate home>iServerlog?

for example if you install iServer Express on the defaul location, please check if there is any log file in
    C:Program FilesActuate9iServerlog

and please post any errors you see in the log files...
  • Srinath
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Yes i have installed on the default path in windows! there are lot files under the log folder. i have taken the latest one WRT to the time and have attached here. Please look at them and let me know how to fix this.

I really appreciate your help.Thanks!
  • wli
    wli
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    What is the port number you used when installing iServer Express? Can you check if that same port number has been used by other applications?
  • Srinath
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    the port number is 8700.the default one..

Could you please let me know how do i check if other applications are using the same port number?
  • Chezy
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Srinath,
    You can use netstat command that will list all the open ports in the system.

Chezy
  • akulkarni
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Can you start the port mapper service from the Windows Services? The service name is NobleNet Port Mapper. Please specify what error is displayed when you start this service
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Hi, i have the same problem but on Linux.

Did you solve your problem ?

My error log file is on attachment. There are some errors at the end of the file.

Any help is welcome.
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    And i have this error with the acadmin webapp.
  • akulkarni
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    For the problem on Linux:

Can you check if the rpc daemon is running on your Linux system?
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    Hi, i've posted the solution on : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=31431&posted=1#post31431'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=31431&posted=1#post31431</a><br />
    <br />
    The portmap was not installed on the server.<br />
    So it was a RCP problem.<br />
    <br />
    Thank you for your help !<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="akulkarni"><p>For the problem on Linux:<br />
    <br />
    Can you check if the rpc daemon is running on your Linux system?</p></blockquote>