IServer insatll on Linux

Options
meurwinn
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hi, is there a documentation to give instructions to install iServer Express on Linux with eval version ?

i run ./isinstall.sh and the server is intall correctly. When it wants to run, i have an error about XVFBDISPLAY...

Can you help me ?

Comments

• Chezy
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Options
    Can you please paste the complete error?

Chezy
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Options
    Hi,

i installed the server correctly, but what is the .sh to run the server.

I ran the isinstall.sh and i have the error on the picture.

PS : i try the display 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, etc.
    What is it ?
    Is there an install documention ?

My OS is a Debian.

Thank you.
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    Options
    The problem is that it wants to use a X Frame Buffer Actuate. But i don't want to use a XServer.

How can i do to change that configuration ?

Please help me lol.
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #5
    Options
    Hi, my server try to start a bin file ./Xvfb but this file does not exist...

Can you explain me where to find it in the eval version ?

Is there anayone on this forum ?
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #6
    Options
    I install a XVFB server and change server.xml to have some context ...

Now, when i run the Tomcat; i have this error :
    SEVERE: Cannot create transient store:C:/work/repositoryRoot/temp - exists: No, isDirectory: No, canWrite: No

On a Linux !!!

Please, do you have an install documentation for Linux.?

Does anyone ever install an iServer on a Linux?

Thank you.
  • averma
    edited December 31, 1969 #7
    Options
    meurwinn:<br />
    <br />
    iServer Express is not supported on Debian, however here is some helpful information on X frame buffer on Linux:<br />
    <br />
    Running Actuate iServer Express on a Linux machine and displaying reports, requires access to an X Windows server version X11R5 and X11R6, so Actuate installs a virtual frame buffer (Xvfb) on Linux. <br />
    Xvfb uses variables to set the path of Xvfb libraries:<ul class='bbc'><li>XVFBDISPLAY variable in start_srvr.sh</li><li>display_value in pmd9.sh.</li></ul>The DISPLAY environment variable specifies the X Windows server used by the server machine. For example, if the Actuate iServer Express machine is running X Windows, it sets DISPLAY to the local machine.<br />
    # setenv DISPLAY :0.0<br />
    <br />
    Hope this helps.<br />
    <br />
    Ashwini
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Chezy
    edited December 31, 1969 #8
    Options
    When you install iServer Exp in Linux, the server will be started automatically started by the install script (there will be a prompt at the end of install asking you if you want to start the server). You can use this command to confirm if the server is running:<br />
    ps -ef | grep encycsrvr9<br />
    <br />
    May be you are getting this error because the process is already running? <br />
    <br />
    See the attached manual that has installation instruction.<br />
    <br />
    Chezy<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="meurwinn"><p>I install a XVFB server and change server.xml to have some context ...<br />
    <br />
    Now, when i run the Tomcat; i have this error :<br />
    SEVERE: Cannot create transient store:C:/work/repositoryRoot/temp - exists: No, isDirectory: No, canWrite: No<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    On a Linux !!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Please, do you have an install documentation for Linux.?<br />
    <br />
    Does anyone ever install an iServer on a Linux?<br />
    <br />
    Thank you.</p></blockquote>
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #9
    Options
    Hi, i install a new debian, with xorg xserver, and gnome. and xvfb.<br />
    <br />
    I install iserver express on the server with ./isinstall.sh. as the install doc.<br />
    <br />
    the problems are :<br />
    - the .sh wants to run xvfb with a bad path...<br />
    - if my ./starts_srv.sh starts correctly, i have no webapp contaext i my tomcat... and the tomcat is not running...<br />
    <br />
    Can you help me more ?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="averma"><p>meurwinn:<br />
    <br />
    iServer Express is not supported on Debian, however here is some helpful information on X frame buffer on Linux:<br />
    <br />
    Running Actuate iServer Express on a Linux machine and displaying reports, requires access to an X Windows server version X11R5 and X11R6, so Actuate installs a virtual frame buffer (Xvfb) on Linux. <br />
    Xvfb uses variables to set the path of Xvfb libraries:<ul class='bbc'><li>XVFBDISPLAY variable in start_srvr.sh</li><li>display_value in pmd9.sh.</li></ul>The DISPLAY environment variable specifies the X Windows server used by the server machine. For example, if the Actuate iServer Express machine is running X Windows, it sets DISPLAY to the local machine.<br />
    # setenv DISPLAY :0.0<br />
    <br />
    Hope this helps.<br />
    <br />
    Ashwini</p></blockquote>
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #10
    Options
    - why does it need XVFB if i have my own xserver ?
    - where can i fing log files... /logs is empty
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #11
    Options
    An other element :In my iserver/AcServer/servletcontainer/mgmtconsole/WEB-INF/web.xml for exemple, the values are not define*.

For exemple, i have :
    <param-name>DAEMON_DEFAULT</param-name>
    <param-value>$$Daemon_URL$$</param-value>

Please, can you tell me waht could be the problem, because i follow all the steps...
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #12
    Options
    Hi, after a lot of work and changing stranges configurations,

i have this 2 error messages when i want to log in in acadmin and iportal (on the pictures).

Please help me
  • Chezy
    edited December 31, 1969 #13
    Options
    To make the install simple, by default we are installing Xvfb. If you have your own Xserver, you can modify iServer startup script to use that. Please refer to manual for more details.<br />
    <br />
    iServer logs will be in <InstallLocation>/AcServer/log. <InstallLocation> is whatever you entered at install time.<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="meurwinn"><p>- why does it need XVFB if i have my own xserver ?<br />
    - where can i fing log files... /logs is empty</p></blockquote>
  • Chezy
    edited December 31, 1969 #14
    Options
    I saw your post <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10320'>http://www.birt-exchange.com/modules/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=10320</a>. Does it mean that this problem is also resolved? Let us know if you need any further help.<br />
    <br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="meurwinn"><p>Hi, after a lot of work and changing stranges configurations, <br />
    <br />
    i have this 2 error messages when i want to log in in acadmin and iportal (on the pictures).<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Please help me</p></blockquote>
  • meurwinn
    edited December 31, 1969 #15
    Options
    Hi, yes i've found the problem.

The install process was not procedd successfull because i need libstdc++5 and not 6.

After that, the install was successfull, and the contexte files, and properties files was configure properly.

So later, i had a problem with the xvfb... so, i have the erropr message but the tomcat server runs correctly with this error ???

You can correct this error by installing your xvfb package... and others manipulaitions.

The last problem was to find the volume name. I had a problem with the rpc daemon because "portmap" xas not installed.

So, now, i run the /etc/init.d/actuate start and all is fine !!!

Thank you for your help.

It could be better to have more documentations about the iserver packaging because the install package deployed is strange :
    - a tomcat with webapps witch are not in the "webapps" folder,
    - a lot of others files and folders around the Tomcat,
    - an AcShared and AcServer folder...
    - etc.

So, is it really easy to include iserver express in an existing Tomcat ?
  • rmurphy
    edited December 31, 1969 #16
    Options
    To answer the last part of your post:<br />
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="meurwinn"><p>So, is it really easy to include iserver express in an existing Tomcat ?</p></blockquote>
    <br />
    The iServer Express itself would not be embedded within Tomcat, but you can absolutely deploy the user interface to the iServer Express on an existing Tomcat. The user interface is the iPortal running in enterprise mode.<br />
    <br />
    Rob