Rotating a cross-tab

Alvi
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
We are in the process of migrating an existing statistics-solution from Oracle with Olap-option on Orion server to our Birt/porgresql/jboss - environment.<br />
The existing solutions provides functionality for rotation of the result-table/cross-tab. The rotaion works in such a way that the enduser can manipulate the way the table is presented after it is generated. For instance: The enduser can choose to rotate the result-table eigther left, right or even freely. If the "rotate left" option is choosen then one of the horizontal indexes is moved to the vertical axis, and at the same time one of the vertical indexes is moved to the horisontal axis. You can see the existing solution here: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.shdir.no/pasopp/index.jsp'>http://www.shdir.no/pasopp/index.jsp</a&gt; - try and push the upper button named "Vis tabell" (which is equivalent to "show table" in Norwegian).<br />
Any idea on how to replicate identical or similar behaviour with Birt? Is the solution to create multiple different cross-tabs?<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Alvi

Comments

• Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Hi Alvi,

You could create several crosstabs that use the same data cube... and then use the visibility property to control which ones are seen based on passed in parameters...or if you desire, you can create the crosstabs using the API entirely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Alvi
    edited December 31, 1969 #3
    Hi vdodson,

I want to change the corsstabs when user click on the label text "rotate left". Could you please tell me how I can visible or hide the crosstab on user clicking .

Thanks
    Alvi
  • Virgil Dodson
    Virgil Dodson E admin
    edited December 31, 1969 #4
    One way is to create a hyperlink that passes a paremeter back to the same report to regenerate itself (similar to the example I see at the URL above)... You then use visibility to show the correct crosstab based on the parameter.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb