Help w/ installing BIRT in TOMCAT (windows)

Dreven
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
To learn BIRT, I installed Apache and MySQL via the Apache Friends XAMPP installer (on Windows Vista).<br />
<br />
I then downloaded and installed Apache Tomcat 6.0.16.<br />
<br />
Then I followed the instructions here to install BIRT into Tomcat:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerSetup.php'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerSetup.php</a><br />
<br />
<br />
-downloaded the BIRT 2.2.2 Runtime<br />
-copy "WebViewerExample" folder to "C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webapps" <br />
-rename that folder to "birt-viewer"<br />
-downloaded and copied "itextasian-1.5.2.jar" and "itext_1.5.4.jar" to: "C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webappsbirt-viewerWEB-INFplatformpluginscom.lowagie.itext_1.5.4.r22x_v20080226lib"<br />
-Copied JAR driver files (MS SQL 2005, MySQL, Oracle) "ojdbc14.jar", "mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar", "sqljdbc.jar" to "C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 6.0webappsbirt-viewerWEB-INFplatformpluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_2.2.2.r22x_v20071206drivers"<br />
-Stop, then restart Tomcat. <br />
<br />
<br />
BIRT shows up on the manage page as running. Clicking on the "view example" lor trying the "SalesInvoice.rptdesign" report gives me this error though:<br />
<br />
HTTP Status 404 - Servlet ViewerServlet is not available<br />
<br />
type Status report<br />
message Servlet ViewerServlet is not available<br />
description The requested resource (Servlet ViewerServlet is not available) is not available.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
It seems like I followed all instructions exactly. The only thing I'm not 100% sure about is if I had the right drivers or not.<br />
<br />
Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Dreven
    edited December 31, 1969 #2
    Sorry - I didn't see an 'edit' option for the above post.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I went to go re-do everything from scratch and noticed this note at the top:<br />
    <br />
    <em class='bbc'>Tomcat 6 Note:<br />
    If you are installing the Web Viewer on Tomcat 6, you will need to download the commons logging library. You can add this library to WebViewerExample/WEB-INF/lib or to Tomcat's lib directory.</em><br />
    <br />
    So it was just that running the newest version of Tomcat required and extra step. SWEET. I setup my first report server!